Condition Scourge

25 minutes ago, DoNotAimAtMe.3510 said:

But these are not on TP? Im not on endgame right now 🙂

What do you mean by that? Like, you're not 80?

If so, you can't even play scourge at all.

And the rune I linked you are not in endgame, it's the rune from the lvl55 dungeon (and you can get the currency for it since lvl35 with the first dungeon)

What stop you exactly from getting trapper runes?

18 minutes ago, DoNotAimAtMe.3510 said:

Rune of Baltazar is not good for this build i asume?

If you aren't "end game", it doesn't matter. Meta builds are just for the high end content and if you aren't doing them and the associated skill rotations, there's no need to worry about the minute detail. You can always put Balthazar runes in and get different runes later

I'm still playing the story of all seasons and DLCs, Endgame is for me what comes after 🙂

Crafting Rune of the trapper now and getting mats for it is not necessary yet because the gear is not suitable enough yet.

Currently have Runes of Balthazar on it and thought there might be something better for the build.

On 1/29/2024 at 5:28 PM, DoNotAimAtMe.3510 said:

Rune of Baltazar is not good for this build i asume?

I think no.

balthasar is better for burning. We do more bleed damage (and torment).

rune of torment is pricy tho, rune of krait goes with bleed and is decent, i use it on my plaguedoc build.

necro rune is pricy aswell, better ho lich-rune for a cheaper option then.

edit:

on second thought, there is quite some burning going in this build so balthasar might work out too.

still for solo stuff and open world, the lich rune with extra vitality might be nicenice.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 6:59 AM, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Maybe this one, then

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Afflicted

You got more poison and bleeding as scourge than burning, so you would probably benefit more from it.

You want Burning and Torment, not Bleeding and Poison.  Afflicted is terrible because most of your bleeds are going to be near cap out of the box due to Traits.  <Curses> has 20% +Bleed Duration and 50% +Scepter Skill Duration.  Most of your bleeding comes from Scepter skills, now that Dagger has been replaced by Pistol.  That's 70%.  Add in Expertise from Exotic/Ascended Viper Gear and you're already nearing the 90% mark...

You don't want +Bleeding Duration on Runes/Sigils, and +Poison Duration is the lowest priority.

Burning and Torment are your highest priorities. The majority of your Weapon Skills will apply those two.

I think Bleeding was a bigger deal when people were using Dagger as a weapon swap (prior to Weaponmaster training), since those weapon skills aren't affected by that 50% boost in <Curses>.

As it currently stands, you basically get Bleeding Duration for free - mostly - via Traits.

Generally, prioritize Torment and it will be your highest damaging condition on Scourge, unless something has changed.  Scourge Traits give huge damage bonuses to Torment, IIRC.  So, I'd go with Tormenting Runes unless you can get it to 90%+ easily some other way.

Edited by Tren.5120

9 hours ago, Tren.5120 said:

You want Burning and Torment, not Bleeding and Poison.  Afflicted is terrible because most of your bleeds are going to be near cap out of the box due to Traits.  <Curses> has 20% +Bleed Duration and 50% +Scepter Skill Duration.  Most of your bleeding comes from Scepter skills, now that Dagger has been replaced by Pistol.  That's 70%.  Add in Expertise from Exotic/Ascended Viper Gear and you're already nearing the 90% mark...

You don't want +Bleeding Duration on Runes/Sigils, and +Poison Duration is the lowest priority.

Burning and Torment are your highest priorities. The majority of your Weapon Skills will apply those two.

I think Bleeding was a bigger deal when people were using Dagger as a weapon swap (prior to Weaponmaster training), since those weapon skills aren't affected by that 50% boost in <Curses>.

As it currently stands, you basically get Bleeding Duration for free - mostly - via Traits.

Generally, prioritize Torment and it will be your highest damaging condition on Scourge, unless something has changed.  Scourge Traits give huge damage bonuses to Torment, IIRC.  So, I'd go with Tormenting Runes unless you can get it to 90%+ easily some other way.

I'm sorry, but you missed the point here.

This topic isn't about the best rune for scourge, that's trapper, nightmare, maybe tourmenting too.

This topic is about the best cheap/effortless rune for scourge, so those 3 runes are out of the loop.

If you look at conditions damage and conditions duration rune, this one is the best on what is left.

Also, you misunderstood how lingering curse work. It doesn't give you 50% bleeding duration, it increase sceptre base duration, so it's not included in the 100% condition duration limit. So scourge only get 20% bonus bleeding duration.