Broken Animations on Asura for drawing/stowing hammers

Since the last patch, the draw/stow animations for hammers no longer work properly on my (female) Asura characters.

Drawing hammer:

• The character will switch from the idle pose to the holding the hammer pose, without any animation in between. The hammer will then "teleport" from the back of the character into their hands.

Stowing hammer:

• Stowing the weapon will "teleport" the hammer to the character's back again while the character will remain in the weapon holding pose for a couple seconds than switch back to idle without an animation.

Edited by humfrid.2615
  • Like 4

I went to play my asura engi with hammer but as soon as I noticed this issue, I reported it ingame etc. and have not played since it happened. It really makes me not want to log in to my asura, ruins the whole immersion with how BAD and janky it looks. 

they defo should look at the axe too but the hammer is even worse from looks of things.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 1:02 PM, humfrid.2615 said:

Since the last patch, the draw/stow animations for hammers no longer work properly on my (female) Asura characters.

Drawing hammer:

• The character will switch from the idle pose to the holding the hammer pose, without any animation in between. The hammer will then "teleport" from the back of the character into their hands.

Stowing hammer:

• Stowing the weapon will "teleport" the hammer to the character's back again while the character will remain in the weapon holding pose for a couple seconds than switch back to idle without an animation.

Just did a search to see if there were any recent posts about this.  I have a lil asura scrapper alt and had not been playing him of late until today; having the exact issues you describe on him.

While combat still worked (mostly...), it was a bit weird initially trying to engage and disengage since the animations were so borked. 

Has anyone heard if there is a fix incoming on this? Could not find anything on it.

Edited by Surelia.2651

6 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

Has anyone heard if there is a fix incoming on this? Could not find anything on it.

There's none. But since it's recent, it might have something to do with upcoming release, or new odd thief staff 4 anims and/or the fact new weapon abilities are being added, and it can be fixed in near future. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...