Axe Suggestion

ronkul.1320

Axe Suggestion: make Cyclone Axe a leap (maybe a leap finisher also). This will give axe mainhand and double axes for warriors more mobility and viability as axe mainhand is one of the few warrior melee weapons lacking in mobility on demand. Warrior melee weapons definitely depend on mobility as gap closers to be competitive. Your thoughts?

2 hours ago, NeverLoseGuy.3894 said:

Maybe have core F1 being a little faster so it's harder to evade/easier to close the gap?

6 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not every set needs a gap closer. I'd rather see a 1/2s evade added to Cyclone Axe. That would help axe/axe stay on target to DPS while have Axe 2 to relieve DPS pressure on the warrior.

It would still not solve the on demand issue by having that type of gap closer. Also IMHO I think that gap closers are more than necessary for melee based weapons for melee classes because it helps stick on the target (only place you can do any damage since you are melee). This is especially true for spvp and wvw, but I can see your points for pve.

Edited by ronkul.1320

21 minutes ago, ronkul.1320 said:

It would still not solve the on demand issue by having that type of gap closer. Also IMHO I think that gap closers are more than necessary for melee based weapons for melee classes because it helps stick on the target (only place you can do any damage since you are melee). This is especially true for spvp and wvw, but I can see your points for pve.

Axe is solidly a DPS and DPS only weapon, especially as dual axe. You can run Shield, Pistol, or Warhorn in the OH to alleviate mobility issues in PvP/WvW. 

18 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Axe is solidly a DPS and DPS only weapon, especially as dual axe. You can run Shield, Pistol, or Warhorn in the OH to alleviate mobility issues in PvP/WvW. 

Dual swords is also a dps weapon too, but a hybrid between condition and strike damage. Yet it still has mobility with the leap (gap closer), high damage burst with final thrust, and a block with counter. Dual daggers is also a dps weapon, but more on might generation and fast dps instead of huge chunks of dps. Yet it has a leap (gap closer) too. Dual maces may not need a gap closer because it is more of a cc/bunker build play-style. Great-sword has two gap closers, and hammer has a gap closer on its f1 that travels far but does not need an on-demand gap closer because it is a cc weapon. Shield has a very small gap closer and war-horn is just swiftness, not a gap closer.

Edited by ronkul.1320