Its time for Guardian Ports to get cast times.

On 2/8/2024 at 4:14 PM, oujiboardspamname.1932 said:

So does deathstrike, its insta cast, the difference is you have to be facing the cam properly to ever land it, so no one cares about that one. Maybe if the instacast teleports had an internal cooldown of a few hundred ms or every tele had an obvious tell, because yeah I feel you on teleports being touched upon in several ways. No valid path being the most annoying one. 

Deathstrike has a 1/2s cast time?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathstrike

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 10:46 AM, Eurantien.4632 said:

Judges Intervention? Give it a cast time.
Merciful Intervention? Give it a cast time.

Sincerely, other classes with ports that have cast times.

I said it before and I'll say it again! Judges Intervention carry's Guard in PvP and without it they would be pretty heavily nerfed... but insta port on them is terrible design.

On 2/8/2024 at 2:52 PM, Kuya.6495 said:

On a scale of 1 to 100, how mad would guardian mains be if they couldn't use whirling wrath with judge's intervention anymore?

As a guardian main, this would literally help me react against other rubber banding + latency issues against other core burst/DH/WB guards
I almost always get hit with 5k++ white damage out of no where THEN i would see the Guardian on me after their Whirling Wrath was concluded.

Rubber Banding/Latency issues in this game reminds me of when PUBG (an fps) was first launched. You'd shoot some one, no damage would happen, all of a sudden you die and the kill cam would show you not fire at all. The opposite would happen in GW2. You'll get his randomly with damage THEN the person would suddenly appear on top of you. I'm thinking it's a client-side issue but.... gw2 is the only game that is like this. I don't have this issue on CS:GO or other games.

19 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

As a guardian main, this would literally help me react against other rubber banding + latency issues against other core burst/DH/WB guards
I almost always get hit with 5k++ white damage out of no where THEN i would see the Guardian on me after their Whirling Wrath was concluded.

Rubber Banding/Latency issues in this game reminds me of when PUBG (an fps) was first launched. You'd shoot some one, no damage would happen, all of a sudden you die and the kill cam would show you not fire at all. The opposite would happen in GW2. You'll get his randomly with damage THEN the person would suddenly appear on top of you. I'm thinking it's a client-side issue but.... gw2 is the only game that is like this. I don't have this issue on CS:GO or other games.

desync shenanigans. Happens when the guardian (or thief, or other class with a teleport) is lagging. If you are always moving, this problem is more managable, because as long as the player that has just teleported moves in any direction with wasd the game updates their position from where your client is looking. 

Make that guardian move a bit in that whirling wrath, and theyll show up. Doesn't fix the problem but minor mitigation tip