Lily of the Elon portal

I have the 'invitation to Lily of the Elon' scroll from the deluxe pack. An alt that has never started the PoF questline and had never been to amnoon used it from Malchor's Leap.

The way I understood it to work, I thought when I was done with my R&R I could go to Rifaah and choose the first option "Return to my previous map".

But when I do I get a message "You do not have access to this map". 

Isn't that a bug? Is there no way to return directly back to Machor's Leap for this character?

14 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

working fine for me for my lvl11 toon.

the only way i managed to get that error was by switching to a different character and back again, where the game doesn't store your previous location

Does leaving the Lily of the Elon area also stop you from returning via 'previous map'? I thought it might, so was always careful to use teleporters rather than mounts to get to crafting or mystic forge areas, but I have never tested it out.

7 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Does leaving the Lily of the Elon area also stop you from returning via 'previous map'? I thought it might, so was always careful to use teleporters rather than mounts to get to crafting or mystic forge areas, but I have never tested it out.

Nope. I just went there, ran out and around Amnoon for a little bit, ran back to the Lily of the Elon, and was able to use the Previous Map option.

You can always use a waypoint to return to a map, if all else fails. Just won't be in exactly the same place you came from.

"You do not have access to this map" usually means the particular map instance you came from closed after you left, I think. Being sent back to the same one can be useful, but it's a bit annoying it doesn't just dump you into the new IP when the old one is unavailable. I have to remember to return my parked characters to where they were after using a lounge before logging them out, or they can't go back sometimes.

If you have access to a guild hall, you can try going to that and then leave via the guild panel. Will likely put you back at Lily since it's within a map, with other lounges I think you'd go back to where you were prior to the lounge. It's slightly confusing. Haven't tested if that'd avoid the locked instance and dump you in a new map instance or not.

Edited by plasticzaku.5143
additions
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, plasticzaku.5143 said:

You can always use a waypoint to return to a map, if all else fails. Just won't be in exactly the same place you came from.

"You do not have access to this map" usually means the particular map instance you came from closed after you left, I think. Being sent back to the same one can be useful, but it's a bit annoying it doesn't just dump you into the new IP when the old one is unavailable. I have to remember to return my parked characters to where they were after using a lounge before logging them out, or they can't go back sometimes.

If you have access to a guild hall, you can try going to that and then leave via the guild panel. Will likely put you back at Lily since it's within a map, with other lounges I think you'd go back to where you were prior to the lounge. It's slightly confusing. Haven't tested if that'd avoid the locked instance and dump you in a new map instance or not.

I tested it and even going to character select for a moment and coming right back to Lily results in the "no access" message.

I suspect it might be a flag that gets cleared when you change maps again (logging out and back in counts for this), so when it goes to look for that previous location, nothing is found. If so, as someone noted, it is just a poorly phrased "error" message.