For the love of god please DEFEND

Why does an entire team insist on everyone running far as soon as mid is captured? It's like people don't understand that the entire enemy team is going to respawn, and they are going to come mid. I literally tell people just defend mid, and say things like, "I promise you, they will attack." To try to convince people to just defend, there's literally no point in capping a node only to lose it in a matter of seconds. It's like people's love for constant action overpowers the part of the brain that involves logic, reasoning, and critical thinking in order to win the game. I feel like almost all of my loses are due to people doing this, just running far and letting the opponent back cap everything.

• Confused 1

On the flip side, if the whole team goes to camp their spawn point, the enemy team will never get any points. As long as your team fights remain vastly superior to theirs.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kuya.6495 said:

On the flip side, if the whole team goes to camp their spawn point, the enemy team will never get any points. As long as your team fights remain vastly superior to theirs.

You just need one good thief (preferably) or mes play to beat this, but most teams are not so cohesive to run it, and the ones that -are- would never get spawn camped.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You just need one good thief (preferably) or mes play to beat this, but most teams are not so cohesive to run it, and the ones that -are- would never get spawn camped.

Sometimes I've seen a competent thief slip through a spawn camp and decap their far and mid only for them to fruitlessly watch his team continue to feed and then get tilted and afk at spawn.

Sad thief noises

Edited by Kuya.6495

The game is all about pressing advantages, finding ways to stagger the enemy team and matching players on the map. One reason why people do this is, if you put someone in respawn the last thing you want is for them to regroup. So getting kill elsewhere and cutting off map control is what might be intended by some of these players.

Of course there might be situations where its good to hold back and defend a node you just won. It really just depends on whats happening at that moment and where everyone is.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

The game is all about pressing advantages, finding ways to stagger the enemy team and matching players on the map. One reason why people do this is, if you put someone in respawn the last thing you want is for them to regroup. So getting kill elsewhere and cutting off map control is what might be intended by some of these players.

Of course there might be situations where its good to hold back and defend a node you just won. It really just depends on whats happening at that moment and where everyone is.

That's just it though, a team is usually not going to be able to regroup. People die at different intervals, they're already offset and ready to trickle into a node to get killed (aka feed). It takes someone on the other team to try to get their team organized, which usually doesn't happen. How much communication do you actually see in games? I see almost none aside from myself and maybe one other person usually.

2 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

That's just it though, a team is usually not going to be able to regroup. People die at different intervals, they're already offset and ready to trickle into a node to get killed (aka feed). It takes someone on the other team to try to get their team organized, which usually doesn't happen. How much communication do you actually see in games? I see almost none aside from myself and maybe one other person usually.

To some extent this is obvious. Do you really need to communicate that pushing outnumbered when some or most of your team has died? This is only an issue in low ranked games where this kind of learning curve is to be expected. Admittedly these are the games you and I are going to have at our rank.  😀 

27 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

Most muffins go far after winning mid, get killed and turn the game around for the enemy. Potatoes should stick to basics and stop trying to copy the duo q synced dirty sweats they watch on stream.

fr, just hold close and mid after killing them at mid. Decap far and then watch they do, lot more point momentum gained

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

fr, just hold close and mid after killing them at mid. Decap far and then watch they do, lot more point momentum gained

But people bought the game to press buttons. Sitting mid waiting isn't pressing buttons. 

Who are we to deny such privilege. 🤔

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But people bought the game to press buttons. Sitting mid waiting isn't pressing buttons. 

Who are we to deny such privilege. 🤔

Getting home is also a fight.  I can't count the number of games thieves in particular just up and ignore home only to go far and die or mid and contribute little to nothing.  Even games where you have TWO thieves, it's a rarity when one wants to grab home before 'roaming'.  

3 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Getting home is also a fight.  I can't count the number of games thieves in particular just up and ignore home only to go far and die or mid and contribute little to nothing.  Even games where you have TWO thieves, it's a rarity when one wants to grab home before 'roaming'.  

But in this situation, the entire enemy team is dead. 

So there is no reason for a casual mind to go home. 

Remember this is about people who don't even know what the word "overextend" means. 

Just, me bored. Me go do stuff. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But in this situation, the entire enemy team is dead. 

So there is no reason for a casual mind to go home. 

Remember this is about people who don't even know what the word "overextend" means. 

Just, me bored. Me go do stuff. 

Gotta teach em--just took an unranked game from 100-400 to 500-483 win by going home and then running around in a tourist format (as in me and the entire team...like I was a conductor lol) from each node keeping everything decapped.

Might have been the most fun I've had in pvp in a while, and it started with a 30s mid wipe and me going home and continued with the dumbest strategy of all time, but...

😂

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267