Speed of Sand is the worst trait in the entire game and I can prove it.

Waffles.5632

On 2/8/2024 at 6:35 AM, Waffles.5632 said:

As you can see, most Minor Grandmaster traits offer valuable utility or 10-15% damage buffs.

If that's what you want I'm sure the balance team would be ecstatic to replace that trait with a generic 10-15% damage buff, but let me tell you, as soon as that 66% speed boost is gone the dps of all the 3 remaining PvE mirage players is gonna go down by 90%, as they will be much slower and will die to any mechanic they could previously walk out of. You really don't notice these speed buffs until they are gone.

On another note, you forget something very important : mirage is a class with not one, but 2 mechanics baseline. The dodge that lets you attack while using it, and the empowered stealth attack that comes with it. Every other class that has dodge modifiers has them in a grandmaster trait slot.

So yes, compared to that I think that mirages minor grandmaster trait is unbalanced, as it shouldn't exist at all : the baseline profession mechanic should be gaining invulnerability and being able to attack while dodging, and the grandmaster trait should be the one giving you the ambush attack coupled with it.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

If that's what you want I'm sure the balance team would be ecstatic to replace that trait with a generic 10-15% damage buff, but let me tell you, as soon as that 66% speed boost is gone the dps of all the 3 remaining PvE mirage players is gonna go down by 90%, as they will be much slower and will die to any mechanic they could previously walk out of. You really don't notice these speed buffs until they are gone.

On another note, you forget something very important : mirage is a class with not one, but 2 mechanics baseline. The dodge that lets you attack while using it, and the empowered stealth attack that comes with it. Every other class that has dodge modifiers has them in a grandmaster trait slot.

So yes, compared to that I think that mirages minor grandmaster trait is unbalanced, as it shouldn't exist at all : the baseline profession mechanic should be gaining invulnerability and being able to attack while dodging, and the grandmaster trait should be the one giving you the ambush attack coupled with it.

If you would have read a little bit longer you would have seen this in my OP:

If you look at Patch Notes for Speed of Sand link you will see Speed of Sand used to give superspeed. I propose Anet make Speed of Sand grant 2-3 secs of AOE superspeed in PvE and 1sec of personal superspeed in PvP/WvW. This will make Speed of Sand fun again because Mirages can make everyone Sonic for PvE, and can be Sonic in PvP/WvW for zoom zooms.

I bolded and underlined to help you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 3:30 PM, Waffles.5632 said:

I bolded and underlined to help you.

very funny, let me also bolden and underline this for you

On 6/1/2024 at 5:20 AM, vardeleanu.8972 said:

Also, maybe there's a reason why the superspeed on dodge was removed from competitive game modes, together with an ENTIRE DODGE BAR. Idk why, I don't play mesmer, and I never cared much for the class other than support chrono, but there must be reason, right ? I wonder what that reason could be

Not to even touch on your idea of giving mirage either another damamage boost or buffs in competitive modes. Like, how do you even come up with that ? Are the 2 default invulnerability buttons, clones, stealth access and teleports the class have not enough already ? Look at what warrior has to do in pvp to be relevant for a comparison and then come and say that mirage needs buffs, or any mesmer build for that matter.

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

• 2 weeks later...