Chaotic release is one of the most telegraphed cc's in the entire game. make it 1/4 cast?

Eddie.9143

It's one of the largest AoE hard CCs available to players apart from the also heavily telegraphed Jade Winds, and it doesn't drain half of your maximum energy (and more likely pretty much ALL of it in most situations) in the process. I think a telegraph is fair in this case. It hits a large enough area that it can't always be avoided even though you probably know it's coming.

8 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Just bait people with it, that's what telegraphs are good for.

I do, but in a lot of metas you don't have time to be baiting people, waiting the 3 second cooldown, and then finally MAYBE landing the extremely telegraphed ability.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I do, but in a lot of metas you don't have time to be baiting people, waiting the 3 second cooldown, and then finally MAYBE landing the extremely telegraphed ability.. 

Noting to do with the meta, you can still trick people with and bait dodges out to use other burst abilities. don't push every burst skill yet, since you want some when you get that guaranteed cc off.

Btw try in pvp for herald full deva invo traitline still with sword/sword + hammer. You have more damage from ranged, some more defensives compared to shortbow which doesn't give that enough with herald. Do the hammer cc trick and you probably also will get more reliable facet of chaos cc off after.

Another hammer pro compared to staff: When you have to retreat condi aoe fights, you can use ranged offensive pressure still. I tested it and it works better then with staff. Greatsword + hammer on Herald is a no because you want those swords teleports for more mobility.

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Noting to do with the meta, you can still trick people with and bait dodges out to use other burst abilities. don't push every burst skill yet, since you want some when you get that guaranteed cc off.

Btw try in pvp for herald full deva invo traitline still with sword/sword + hammer. You have more damage from ranged, some more defensives compared to shortbow which doesn't give that enough with herald. Do the hammer cc trick and you probably also will get more reliable facet of chaos cc off after.

Another hammer pro compared to staff: When you have to retreat condi aoe fights, you can use ranged offensive pressure still. I tested it and it works better then with staff. Greatsword + hammer on Herald is a no because you want those swords teleports for more mobility.

I play dev invo sw/sw gs. Zerker/dragonhunter relic of flock, cleansing purging both sets.

I find this does BIG dam, which is what we really need, offensive pressure is the best defense, helps me a decent bit with condis, and flock really helps sustain imo. There's a few classes I swap my swords out for staff, but I always keep gs. 

31 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

I play dev invo sw/sw gs. Zerker/dragonhunter relic of flock, cleansing purging both sets.

I find this does BIG dam, which is what we really need, offensive pressure is the best defense, helps me a decent bit with condis, and flock really helps sustain imo. There's a few classes I swap my swords out for staff, but I always keep gs. 

That's an option yes. 

But still less cleanse/dodge in close combat compared to staff. And more offensive pressure is fine but if the others can block more while you more pressure and have to flee, then you have less survival without staff and less pressure from ranged without hammer/shortbow.

Relic Of The Flock is nice, but I find it better working with more healing power/support build/centaur stance because of the low cd on the relic with that stance paired. 

Relic of the water is nice though on power and allies benefit in a nice radius same time too.

• Confused 1