Graphics Settings Keep Resetting?

2 hours ago, Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

I got a new desktop computer, monitor and all, but every time I log into GW2 on it, I have to reset the graphics settings. Anyone know why or how I can fix it?

More info, please. Why do you need to reset the graphics settings? WHICH graphics settings? In-game. or on the PC?

4 hours ago, Meviken.2054 said:

More info, please. Why do you need to reset the graphics settings? WHICH graphics settings? In-game. or on the PC?

The in-game graphics reset to a different setting than the one I'm using every time I log out of the game. When I log in, I have to go into settings and go back to the ones I'm using. For more info, it resets to 1920 x 1440. I'm using 2560 x 1080.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

^ ^ ^ ^ - - I know GW2Launcher can be fussy about the local.dat file and not save graphics/sound changes, so, if you're using GW2Launcher, you're going to likely have issues with graphics/sound settings "resetting" every time you launch the game.

You have to right click on the account you want to start GW2Launcher with and then you have the option to run it with the default setting (which for GW2 will mean closed from saving any changes done while running GW2 client - it is the same as you would do when you directly left click to start to run GW2Launcher) - using the option to run with or without add on loading after you have logged in into character select screen will let you save changes done in Options for GW2.

GW2Launcher will run GW2 client in locked state (no changes can be made like changes in GW2 Options) to open more then on instance of GW2 Launcher to run several account at once, that is why you need to use right click and select hot to run GW2.

Since using this method to start from GW2Launcher my accounts I haven't had any issues to store changes in Options or changes in what is kept on Watch List (where you can change order of what will be the highest priority to show - by dragging it to top of that list while in WL) from Hero Panel or Wizard's Vault.

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

I got a new desktop computer, monitor and all, but every time I log into GW2 on it, I have to reset the graphics settings. Anyone know why or how I can fix it?

Where have you saved GW2 Launcher and its DAT files?

MS Windows will randomly prevent files from being changed (put it into read only mode instead of Write/read mode). Make sure to store GW2 files in its own folder and not in Program Files (the default which all app will be store when MS download files and add it to Program Files to run). Create a new folder (doesn't matter where as long it isn't in Program Files (x86) or Program Files) and move GW2 files to that new folder. It might take some time if your computer is a laptop with a SATA SSD instead of M2 interface (which make use of faster SSD and interface). The only problem will be that you need to have enough storage space during that time when files need to first be copied, then deleted on the original place where it was first created.

Local.dat is where information about your GW2 clients setting will be stored.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Local.dat

• Sad 1