Ticket #8701156

This ticket was opened in May of 2022 and has never received a response. I don't know what crack it fell through, but the Mariana Trench isn't off the suspect list just yet.

I don't even care about getting an actual answer anymore. I just want some kind of reply that allows me to move on.

Also, as a suggestion, some kind of alert or report on tickets that have been open for months (or years) might be something to look into.

Thanks.

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Tanek.5983 said:

This ticket was opened in May of 2022 and has never received a response. I don't know what crack it fell through, but the Mariana Trench isn't off the suspect list just yet.

I don't even care about getting an actual answer anymore. I just want some kind of reply that allows me to move on.

Also, as a suggestion, some kind of alert or report on tickets that have been open for months (or years) might be something to look into.

Thanks.

Did you receive the near-immediate automated reply?

If not:  https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230515328-Problems-Receiving-ArenaNet-Emails

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you receive the near-immediate automated reply?

If not:  https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230515328-Problems-Receiving-ArenaNet-Emails

I did get the automated reply. I did not count that as a "response". More of an acknowledgement of receipt.
And, as a way to make sure I haven't just missed an email from them, I check up on the ticket through the support site which would record any replies from a rep.

Thanks for contacting us! Your request (8701156) has been received and is being reviewed by our Support team.

A member of our support team will get back to you as soon as they are able to with a reply. If you need to update your ticket, add additional details, or no longer need assistance, you can reply to this email

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Sad 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

And have you updated your ticket to inquire about progress?  Updating a ticket will re-open any erroneously (or not) closed tickets.

Yes.

Updated in June, July, August, and December of 2022.
Then in January (to wish them a happy new year), March, and November of 2023.
And again today (another new year! 🥳)

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Did you do all the things listed in the article on 'Not receiving emails'?

Have you ever received an email or notice in your Support account page that the CS Team has given their final answer and won't be responding any  longer?

I know you are trying to help and I know there isn't a way for me to *prove* to you they never responded to this ticket, but it is what it is.

I received the acknowledgement email. I have had tickets before this one and since this one that have gotten replies. There are no ANet replies on this ticket either in email or on the support page. Had they responded to me, even to say they will not reply any more, that would be on the ticket. If they had closed the ticket at any point, I would have seen that on the page as well. There is nothing else I can do or check.

The ticket just went off into the darkness and, for whatever reason, stayed there. This post is an attempt to get someone, anyone to look up that ticket number and finally make a decision. And maybe, just maybe, this will point them in the direction of other lost tickets where the player either gave up or got so frustrated they left the game. When I worked CS tech support back in the dark age where people carried pagers and Google was barely a thing, we always knew that for every customer reporting a bug there were a hundred who had the same problem but didn't report it. If this points to a bug in the ticket system, it can help the next hundred people who could have ended up in the void.

Edited by Tanek.5983
  • Confused 1

Problem with customer support is if company they work for dont have knowledge or resources or your problem is quoed nr805 in not solved things they cant answer truly. Best thing they do is just sweep it under the rug and play dead.

I also had technical problems, but luckily for Anet I was using 3rd party software (GFN) so they didnt hessitate to tell me in just about 3 hours to move on .

And you know what? GFN support is same if not even worse.

And you know how Steam support works? They just refund you. 🙂

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your problem.

Edited by Gendalfs.7521
  • Confused 1

If you're able to log into the support website, you should be able to view the past history of the entire ticket, including if they ever sent any responses that somehow you didn't receive in email.

If the support website loops for you when you log in, try turning off browser privacy settings so tracking cookies can work.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

If you're able to log into the support website, you should be able to view the past history of the entire ticket, including if they ever sent any responses that somehow you didn't receive in email.

If the support website loops for you when you log in, try turning off browser privacy settings so tracking cookies can work.

Got that covered. Thanks. 🙂 

17 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

And, as a way to make sure I haven't just missed an email from them, I check up on the ticket through the support site which would record any replies from a rep.

16 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

There are no ANet replies on this ticket either in email or on the support page. Had they responded to me, even to say they will not reply any more, that would be on the ticket. If they had closed the ticket at any point, I would have seen that on the page as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 12:35 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

Now I'm curious what the issue was that is so unimportant as to never have action taken on it?

At this point, the issue really is less important than the reason an unaddressed ticket can hang out in their system for so long. I was thinking having the ticket # in the post title here would at least prompt someone to take a "that's weird..." glance at what happened.

Another month gone, still no change on the ticket. Maybe I thunk wrong. 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2