Make PvP/WvW Legendary Armor Sets special

Dreddo.9865

@"Nick Lentz.6982" said:The irony is, you can say that for all 3. I have seen far less toxic player in WvW than the other two. That's called perspective. Which makes all that not relevant to raids being harder than the other two modes.

Yes, as I said it. But raids is the only content that isn't easy to cheese. Either you find people to carry you through 150>750 bosses, or you pay an insane amount of gold.PVP, you can cheese it by just not caring. WVW you just have to keep participation up.

This isn't to say these 2 modes are bad. I do play them myself, but there simply isn't any "quality control" worthy of legendary imho.I bet most people prefer the triumphant set over legendary anyway :)

@"Zero Soul.4523" said:Sorry if this is a stupid question but the armors can be used in all game modes right ? So if I craft a PvP armor I can use it on WvW and PvE ? By using it I mean skin and stat/rune swapping.

Yes mate there are no restrictions, you can freely enjoy your leg armor in every mode of the game.

• It is funny still reading comments where people claim that memorizing a series of patterned bot moves is called ...skill. And they even go further comparing it to dealing with human opponents. Well I guess the time when we will have "raids" in ESL isn't that far. ^^

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Currently there's no skill in obtaining armors from pvp and wvw, so it's only legit that the ones with special skins are from pve.I mean, we should be grateful that they put one armor set for wvw and one for spvp, which was not needed.

I laughed way too hard at this. Raids take any skill? At least in WvW and PvP you are not fighting set ai movements. Good laugh though

They didn't say there is no skill in the modes. Just no skill required to get the armor. You can lose every match and lose every 1v1 and get your armor. You have to actually kill the bosses in raids. Also, if you feel the raid armor indeed takes little skill and you want a special skin then feel free. That content is there for you to "cheese" your way to legendaries. After all, its just fighting set ai movements. Go get you some armor raid god!

• 2 weeks later...

The response of Anet for the PVP and WvW community was too mediocre, it cost the same in terms of gold, you can get only 1 piece per season in PvP and it has a way too ugly skin, even dungeon armor looks better than these "Legendaries" and only the ones who bought HOT can get the real Legendary armor, is not fair for 2/3 of the Gw2 community

@pierofv.8432 said:The response of Anet for the PVP and WvW community was too mediocre, it cost the same in terms of gold, you can get only 1 piece per season in PvP and it has a way too ugly skin, even dungeon armor looks better than these "Legendaries" and only the ones who bought HOT can get the real Legendary armor, is not fair for 2/3 of the Gw2 community

Would you like it to go back to the way it was prior ?

I mean sheesh there's a metric ton of whining over this for no reason considering you guys weren't even supposed to have it as a reward to begin with.

I don’t agree when people say « it’s good as it is, raid should be the only way to get a proper legendary armor skin »

People playing PvP or WvW are human beings, they play whatever they want and shouldn’t fall behind the PvE boyz.

The way they implemented the legendary armor in PvP or WvW is just a joke, and also a way to say « no time for you guys, too busy to do good armor for the cool kids out there »

It’s just an other way to do the minimum for the PvP / WvW community. They gave up since they can’t think of any good idea to please those communities (HoT was just sad news and no improvement for us)I left at HoT release, found out that the new borderlands were bad, found out that the new pvp map they were so proud of was bad, what did they do ? They removed the green and blue desert borderlands, to put back the old ones. They put an option to avoid the Stronghold (If I remember the name correctly?)

And now they just upgrade an old armor to make it legendary. That’s pretty sad once again.

Just a small update. I 've been making my way towards the WvW Mistforged Heavy Set, and despite playing several hours EVERY day (for the last 40 days or so) I 've only got only one piece of legendary armor and I am at 25% of getting the required tokens for the second part (!) due to the weekly tokens limit. Under the current rate will take months to complete it.

@"Hana.8143" exactly my feelings, is like the "competitive" people do not deserve something extra.

Archived