Near Death Experiences

I was just wondering for a new Quality of Life improvement.  Since the Jade Bot carries two charges. couldn't the devs put in a second Jade Bot Medic ressucitation (after a short cool-down from the first) for downed players?  With the caveat being to get the second one back, you have to go to a jade battery to get it.

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, NaconFour.2705 said:

With the caveat being to get the second one back, you have to go to a jade battery to get it.

so, i'm out in SotO, i use my second revive, and now i need to go back to Cantha to get it back?

it's fine as it is, it's was even fine before we had it.

Edited by Parasite.5389
  • Like 12

3 minutes ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Unless you’re in a really full map, just log out to the character select screen once you’re up, and log back into your character. Your Rescue Protocol will be recharged again.

👍

Wish that'd also happen to the endless t2f item.
But they don't even recharge at normal speed while logged out, they don't recharge at all then.

Somehow I consider both things as bugs. Both have a timer. One resets and the other stops when logged out.
Hm.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

👍

But they don't even recharge at normal speed while logged out, they don't recharge at all then.

Somehow I consider both things as bugs. Both have a timer. One resets and the other stops when logged out.
Hm.

I’m not sure it’s a bug, just a quirk of the active and on cooldown statuses being tied to the map (and therefore leaving the map, whether to a different map or the login screen, resets it). Basically, it looks like a cooldown, but actually it’s just a 10m debuff that prevents the skill being used. There are plenty of instances where the same system punishes you for logging out, like Gyala Delve where you’ll lose your filter and the Jade Brotherhood Hazard Pay buff if you log out or get disconnected, even if you load back into the same map. It is bizarre to me that the Jade Bot Personal Waypoint doesn’t use the same system though, since it’s also only useable within the map you’re in.

Endless T2F makes sense not to, because it isn’t limited to the map you’re in, but the recharge only counting down while actively playing that character sounds particularly annoying with such a long cooldown, even though it does mirror how regular skill recharge works. It feels like it could work more like the Arborstone/Wizard’s Tower resting buff counters work.

Edited by Manpag.6421
  • Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 11:54 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

👍

Hm.

Good news, they've just announced they're reducing thee cooldown from 1hr to 10 mins https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/march-sales-are-back/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5