Is Axe/Dagger 3 reseting malice sometimes? or am I going crazy

Serperior.6541

From your video it looks like the axe generated from Malicious Cunning Salvo consumes malice when recalled by using skill 3. I haven't been able to log in yet after the most recent patch to Malicious Cunning Salvo but I suppose whatever they changed made it behave that way? I can't recall if this was the same behavior we saw during the beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

I can't recall if this was the same behavior we saw during the beta.

It did work like this in the Beta, it's part of how people were getting 60k benchmarks with condi DE. The thrown axes retain ALL their original properties when recalled, this includes acting as a stealth attack (even if you aren't stealthed) which will consume malice without needed to re-enter stealth, so you Axe 2,2,3,F2 Stealth,1,2,2,Extra 2 to cap malice,3 No need to stealth for the second round since recall will drain 7 malice. I'm not sure If I like how it works personally as it makes the axe rotation very finicky on DE and you really have to pay attention to whether or not you have a Cunning Salvo axe on the ground or you'll end up accidentally screwing up your rotation.

Of course this also means recalling a Cunning Salvo Axe will apply revealed to you as well even if you aren't stealthed, which is... less than ideal outside of PvE.

Edited by Nomad.4301
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eugenides.1274 said:

From your video it looks like the axe generated from Malicious Cunning Salvo consumes malice when recalled by using skill 3. I haven't been able to log in yet after the most recent patch to Malicious Cunning Salvo but I suppose whatever they changed made it behave that way? I can't recall if this was the same behavior we saw during the beta.

1 hour ago, Nomad.4301 said:

It did work like this in the Beta, it's part of how people were getting 60k benchmarks with condi DE. The thrown axes retain ALL their original properties when recalled, this includes acting as a stealth attack (even if you aren't stealthed) which will consume malice without needed to re-enter stealth, so you Axe 2,2,3,F2 Stealth,1,2,2,Extra 2 to cap malice,3 No need to stealth for the second round since recall will drain 7 malice. I'm not sure If I like how it works personally as it makes the axe rotation very finicky on DE and you really have to pay attention to whether or not you have a Cunning Salvo axe on the ground or you'll end up accidentally screwing up your rotation.

Of course this also means recalling a Cunning Salvo Axe will apply revealed to you as well even if you aren't stealthed, which is... less than ideal outside of PvE.

Thanks for explanations! I wasn't active in the beta test so I didn't know. This sounds little bit wonky though and might become more difficult to maintain in a real enocunter, honestly I would rather a more streamlined rotation with potentially lower dps but I digress.

Edited by Serperior.6541

1 hour ago, Nomad.4301 said:

⇩ as per patch notes on the 27th, its not supposed to reveal u at ALL when you recall a Stealth Attack Axe. yet its bugged

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

⇩ as per patch notes on the 27th, its not supposed to reveal u at ALL when you recall a Stealth Attack Axe. yet its bugged

if the stealth attack flag for that is removed so it no longer reveals or benefits from stealth attack traits, would it still consume malice because that is a property of the axe that was thrown and not of stealth attacks ?

1 hour ago, bq pd.2148 said:

if the stealth attack flag for that is removed so it no longer reveals or benefits from stealth attack traits, would it still consume malice because that is a property of the axe that was thrown and not of stealth attacks ?

all they would have to do from THAT is make a seperate type of reveal but make the only WAY to get THAT reveal is stealth attacks from #1 slots then allow different "stealth attacks" to work from recall in a different manner, a protection flag within the spaghetti code.