Necromancer GreatHammer

migcun.5240

Hello everyone. 

Since the dual Sword is out and it's quite fun, can we have a Greathammer? 

Making the skills somehow inspired by the League of Legends hero, Mordekaiser a lord of dark realms? 

Skills idea:

. a skill to smash the area in front of you ( DMG increases above x% life force )

. A skill to pull a target at your location 

. A skill to trade your Life Force for a Shield ( shield strength based on the amount of Life force consumed, you can consume the shield to heal yourself by 50% of the remaining shield amount) 

. A skill to surround you with a death and decay tornado that DMG enemies close to you, consuming x% life force for it's activation, this ability will stop when you drained all the life force or until it is cancelled. ( Life Force can't be regenerated while the skill is active ) 

thank you for your time. <3 

I want to be a Dark lord with a big hammer!! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Have you tried Reaper's Shroud already?

It's coded as a hammer and counts towards hammer kills for the achievement.

The AA chain "smashes" the area in front of you.

Infusing Terror reduces incoming damage and veils your character in a green cloud. That aside, the green health bar practically shields your actual HP form being reduced.

Soul Spiral damages foes all around you.

And while it's not part of Reaper's Shroud, Grasping Darkness on Reaper's greatsword is a pull.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4

There is no "Great" hammer. There's just a regular hammer which is already a 2h weapon.
Great hammer would require likely more hands than a-net is willing to provide our characters with.

As others pointed out a lot of what you're asking for is already there in one form or another.
Though not all of it.

I definitely approve of the shield (or in GW2 terms - barrier) idea.
Necro can generate tons of Life Force if he builds for it and having a sustain tool that makes use of it outside shroud could be pretty handy.

As for other things I'd like to see on a hammer, stab and slow are on top of my list.
Hammer is the heavy, slow and immobile weapon. Makes sense it would focus on sharing this pain with your enemies.
Never understood why slow as molasses necro is being denied the ability to drag enemies down to his level with a good access to this condi.
And his access to stab is memes levels bad. I get it's a weakness but no other profession has such a glaring one.
If your profession's weakness is so pronounced competitive builds cannot exist without particular skills (Spectral Walk/Flesh Wurm) that counters it, then you know you done goofed from balance perspective. No profession is supposed to be a hostage to a single utility skill.

25 minutes ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

There is no "Great" hammer. There's just a regular hammer which is already a 2h weapon.
Great hammer would require likely more hands than a-net is willing to provide our characters with.

As others pointed out a lot of what you're asking for is already there in one form or another.
Though not all of it.

I definitely approve of the shield (or in GW2 terms - barrier) idea.
Necro can generate tons of Life Force if he builds for it and having a sustain tool that makes use of it outside shroud could be pretty handy.

As for other things I'd like to see on a hammer, stab and slow are on top of my list.
Hammer is the heavy, slow and immobile weapon. Makes sense it would focus on sharing this pain with your enemies.
Never understood why slow as molasses necro is being denied the ability to drag enemies down to his level with a good access to this condi.
And his access to stab is memes levels bad. I get it's a weakness but no other profession has such a glaring one.
If your profession's weakness is so pronounced competitive builds cannot exist without particular skills (Spectral Walk/Flesh Wurm) that counters it, then you know you done goofed from balance perspective. No profession is supposed to be a hostage to a single utility skill.

i think nearly every class has solid access to stability so yeah.  even thief has solid access to stab now, and if anet won't give necro stability it definitely needs more mobility.