.exe file suddenly missing

Played a bit last night after the recent update and thought everything was fine. Waking up this morning to discover the desktop icons and .exe file in the directory are no longer present. I'm now forced into a full client download. Not sure what happened, as I'm alone in the house and the PC had been shut down all night. Very curious.

45 minutes ago, anatarion.1542 said:

Played a bit last night after the recent update and thought everything was fine. Waking up this morning to discover the desktop icons and .exe file in the directory are no longer present. I'm now forced into a full client download. Not sure what happened, as I'm alone in the house and the PC had been shut down all night. Very curious.

Do you play through Steam, or directly through the ANet account/launcher?

If Steam, there had been times in the past when Steam would "forget" a game was installed and require you to point to it manually or do a reinstall.

Was Gw2-64.exe actually gone? If you have GW2 under Program Files, Windows Update likes to mess with that folder (files will be moved to a Windows.old folder in the root directory) and will automatically delete invalid shortcuts. Other than that, anti-virus probably deleted it.

For future reference, you can simply rename Gw2Setup-64.exe to Gw2-64.exe to replace it.