A way forward for Bladesworn

Is there a way to make Bladesworn viable for things other than pDPS without being left feeling like you are wasting your time when stuck in Gunsaber?

• River's Flow: Make the healing increase affect outgoing heals as well.
  • Swift as the Wind: Make the swiftness application AoE.
  • Unshakeable Mountain: This trait now grants Barrier when using an ammunition skill. Halve the current value for the new base amount and double the scaling in all game modes (maybe even use 1/4 of the current values in PvP for the new PvP version).
  • Fierce as Fire: QOL buff, gaining a stack refreshes the duration of all existing stacks.
  • Immortal Dragon: Now pulses AoE healing while consuming charges, 500/250 with 0.3 scaling (PvE/Comp). Grant AoE Alacrity for 15s when using Dragon Slash
    • The increase in duration is due to the alacrity being moved to a longer charging slash.
    • I still think that Spellbreaker is the better place for Alacrity, but this is how I would do it better on Bladesworn than it's current implementation.
  • Daring Dragon: Regains it's old functionality.

Auxiliary changes I would make elsewhere:

• Sundering Bursts replaced with Phosphorous Rounds: Explosions now inflict 1 stack of burning for 4s per explosion (reduced to 2s if Bladesworn is equipped, with each charge level of Dragon Slash gaining one extra stack of burning).

Here is what that achieves. Bladesworn gets a few traits that support a support role beyond just pumping alacrity. UM means that a support build no longer feels trapped within Gunsaber and unable to access their heals, now you can pump barrier for the team. ID means that you can still heal your team while prepping alacrity without having to rely on Shouts. The change from sundering burst to a new trait is to bolster some non Bladesworn builds with extra condi, but also to give Bladesworn the ability to even do a condi build.

Bin bladesworn and give us what it was susposed to be. Monk. 

weapons master with no weapon swap is a bad joke, and I still don’t get why this spec was ever thought to be more then a gimmick

Edited by Puck.3697
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Id suggest we simply move alac generation to Spellbreaker and let bladesworn be the nuclear strike power build it was always meant to be. 

Just upgrade the swap speed, remove the clunkyness and we are going in the right direction.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Id suggest we simply move alac generation to Spellbreaker and let bladesworn be the nuclear strike power build it was always meant to be. 

Just upgrade the swap speed, remove the clunkyness and we are going in the right direction.

I'm generally of the same opinion, but barring that change this is what I would do for Bladesworn.