Warrior: Spellbraker or Bladesworn

So I was going through the mete builds on Metabattle for the professions I'm playing. Have selected all but one build and that would be for the warrior. Spellbreaker and Bladesworn. Both meta and have the same height rating so now I'm asking you guys what you think is better for PvE stuff. I use both open-world and group builds to make these build for my warrior. Spellbraker and Bladesworn

Bladesworn has very high burst, but also a lot of self-rooting and restricted to one weaponset. If you miss the burst, your damage plummets.

Spellbreaker has way lower burst and also somewhat lower sustained damage, but is quite easy to learn and is extremely sturdy even on the glassiest instanced content builds.

Bladesworn is a beast for open world because it can kill most of the open world enemies with just one Dragonslash. Dragonslash can also fully heal you if you take the corresponding trait which is great for sustaining yourself.

Spellbreaker has more and better personal defenses which may help while playing solo. Hammer pairs well with Spellbreaker so it's something to consider if you like this weapon. Full counter is also fun to use.

Spellbreaker feels and plays more like core Warrior while Bladesworn has very unique and distinguish playstyle. Both builds are great but it's difficult to recommend one of them because of unique playstyles they offer. The best thing you could do, is to test both of them on your own.

Another aspect may be longevity of the playstyle. As of the last several months, several changes have come to Bladesworn that make playing it feel worse (like the increased activation time on Dragon Slash Boost) and there's a good chance more changes like this will come. Spellbreaker, on the other hand, is only ever seeing nerfs to Winds of Disenchantment, as far as I recall (which is more a pvp skill and said nerfs to it are often wvw specific). There might even be a chance SB gets some boosts to its utilities.

Just saying, if you also value not having the rug pulled out from under you, that could be an additional factor.

• Like 1

From my experience (and I am obviously biased here), I would say Spellbreaker is less frustrating and less clunky compared to Bladesworn. Hammer + Dagger/Axe Spellbreaker is very smooth + stability comes naturally from ccing enemies + Full Counter reseting bursts makes it even better. I personally find Spellbreaker much more engaging than Bladesworn.

Only interesting thing about Bladesworn is the insane burst. Now imagine if you miss that burst for whatever reason (e.g. being cced, having weakness, mobs dying before you can charge up Dragon Slash, boss phasing and so on), it is not very enjoyable experience to put it lightly. I see this e-sepc as failure and hope for reworks. 🤷‍♂️

To be more objective, you should try them both and see what playstyle you prefer more. That is the best way to find out what is better for you than copying what is better for someone else. Both e-specs are very strong damage wise.

Edited by cryorion.9532

Bladesworn is fine in open world, I've even solo'd a few champions with it, it's just that it suffers in instanced combat and I don't think it's that great for metas either. It's fun, but I think Spellbreaker is also fun and more useful across multiple types of content. This is just my take based on my own personal experience. Full Counter is just too good imo. I've used it offensively, defensively, and I really miss it when it's not there. It's like a comforting thing to have. Also, SB has so much stability built in especially if you use Hammer.

Edited by Witch Engine.2305