My grudge with Weapon Master Training.

jason.1083

6 hours ago, gglx.5286 said:

Talking with more engineers in game trying to find support so people at least report it in game i have find that one of the usual response is that they are not worry because they don´t use sword, the mechanist was the spec that increase the number of playes of the engineer class to the level of the hight ones like guardian ranger etc in open world but crearly holosmith is still not popular even to new players seeing how many new people haven´t notice that the sword is broken in his character

I took it to several discords, and got 0 reply across the board tbh, it does seem like this issue flys under the radar, for the fact it only is affecting new created engineers as well as only holosmith to stack, 

engineer while definitely has risen in popularity, I don’t think it’s still reaching heights in numbers, it defiantly did at eod launch, but it’s fallen dramatically in Soto since they nerfed mech 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, gglx.5286 said:

Talking with more engineers in game trying to find support so people at least report it in game i have find that one of the usual response is that they are not worry because they don´t use sword, the mechanist was the spec that increase the number of playes of the engineer class to the level of the hight ones like guardian ranger etc in open world but crearly holosmith is still not popular even to new players seeing how many new people haven´t notice that the sword is broken in his character.

Don't quote me on this one but isn't Holosmith the least played spec within the least played Profession? Engineer got some people because of Mechanist sure but even today from my experience in game Mechanist mains make up the vast majority of the Engineer population. So it makes sense most people don't notice that. I noticed it instantly on my friend because I've been playing with the thing for more than 8k hours. But regardless of people knowing about it or not, it's a bug and a major one at that, and Anet knows about it, we've reported me numerous times, so they have to do something.

• Thanks 2

New observation, it appears that characters affected by our beloved Sword bug related to the weapon master training haven't actually had their Sword updated by the March 19th balance patch and still use the old (but still bugged) version of the Sword. 

AA still reduces 3sec off Sword skills.

Refraction Cutter has 9sec CD.

And Radiant Arc has 14sec CD.

So now we have them bugs piling up, not only we got Holosmiths running around with the wrong version of the Sword, now they're running around with an older version as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

New observation, it appears that characters affected by our beloved Sword bug related to the weapon master training haven't actually had their Sword updated by the March 19th balance patch and still use the old (but still bugged) version of the Sword. 

AA still reduces 3sec off Sword skills.

Refraction Cutter has 9sec CD.

And Radiant Arc has 14sec CD.

So now we have them bugs piling up, not only we got Holosmiths running around with the wrong version of the Sword, now they're running around with an older version as well.

Oh i didn`t knew that, you should repost this in my post in bug section Jason, another thing to the list to add to the bugged sword unfortunately, and yet no fix from anet, not even acknowledgement.

Edited by Fortunello.9853

Can confirm... The bug is real...

Can anyone doing the PoF story complete or starting the story on that newly created engineer character by anychance fix the issue? Or maybe starting/finishing soto stories?

Maybe spagheti codes... Couldn't recognise that u own PoF and there's heat mechanic that controls number of blades and such?

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

17 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Can confirm... The bug is real...

Can anyone doing the PoF story complete or starting the story on that newly created engineer character by anychance fix the issue? Or maybe starting/finishing soto stories?

Maybe spagheti codes... Couldn't recognise that u own PoF and there's heat mechanic that controls number of blades and such?

Nothing matter i have tried a lof of ways to maybe fix the issue losing a lot of time, the last one, leveling two engineers, one using the sword since the start, the other not using the sword until i have holosmith unlocked, nothing, you don`t learn the skills like other weapons, you already know them and because of that you skills are still greyed out in the menu and not recognize the changes of the holosmith spec to the weapon, compared to pvp where this doesn´t happen, only pve and wvsw. The only thing that matter is: have you created an engineer after weapon master training on the 22 of august of 2023? If yes then you are kittened the bug always happen and don`t have a fix until Anet kittening take a look at it. You have all others and myself have done and discovered  in my post in the bug section since the first post in september 2023. Still fighting anet to acknowledge this bug and fix it, having a weapon broken just because you created an engineer in soto and not before is not a small bug.

Edited by Fortunello.9853
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...