Necro [Sword 3] Leaps go 600 Range. Tooltips say 450.

Also you can fire the 4 and the giant fear ball' 5 over your shoulder.

Not really complaining. Just saying consistency would be nice. And, unrelated, I kind of miss actual Purity of Purpose before every skill was just grenade kit / Bloodbane Path auto-tracking BS.

In fact Sword3 (450 range leap) has a slightly shorter leap distance than ReaperShroud2 (600 range leap).

But here comes the inconsistency: HarbingerShroud3 (600 leap) has a shorter leap distance than both.

I would not be surprised if all 3 skills were coded differently resulting in this weird outcome. GW2 spaghetti code is real.

Edited by KrHome.1920

4 hours ago, Apokriphos.7042 said:

Its because, as written in the tooltip, Path of Gluttony - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W , the total distance is range + radius/2. This is the same for all leap abilities with a radius, by the way. It is also true for Necromancer staff marks, which extend 1200 range + radius/2.

ah, that's very informative. I never saw it that way.

16 hours ago, Apokriphos.7042 said:

Its because, as written in the tooltip, Path of Gluttony - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W , the total distance is range + radius/2. This is the same for all leap abilities with a radius, by the way. It is also true for Necromancer staff marks, which extend 1200 range + radius/2.

Radius: 240
Range: 450

This comment does not make any sense.

Which information explaining the thread topic is written in which tooltip?

The center of staff has 1200 range. Of course you have to add the mark radius for the total range - this is trivial. Applying this to a leap would mean that the leap distance matches exactly the tooltip (like the center of the staff mark does!) and the damage reaches a further distance defined by the radius value. But this is not the topic here. The actual leap distance is already different.

• Confused 1