Request: let us see how many people are viewing an lfg category

It would probably go a long way to help people make groups in the lfg if you could see how many people are actively watching an lfg category.

I bet most people just keep an lfg window open and wait for a squad they'd like to join to show up, but sometimes lfg can look empty even if 100 people are waiting for someone to start a  group. The current way the lfg function creates the false impression people arent looking for groups or have no interest in joining one. If you could see that 100 people are looking at the raid, fractal or strike lfg category, it might create more incentive for people to start groups knowing that they might fill quickly. 

Basically I'm asking that it might help if we could see the "demand" in an lfg category.

Edit: it would also save people time. If you are thinking about starting a group but you're not sure if there are enough people to fill, being able to see that there is only 2 people watching the category instantly lets you know not to bother right now and wait for a different time.

Edit2: it's kind of like what they have on the forum here where you can see how many are actively viewing a thread. Imagine that but for lfg.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 2

Though a interesting idea not sure if this would actually solve the issue. Most of the time lfg is empty is because groups tend to get filled quickly. The groups that take time to fill are are the groups that ask for something specific e.g. High kp, a specific role/class, so on. Also those waiting for a group on lfg are usually the people that avoid having to make their own group as much as possible.

I can see where you're coming from.

I was tempted to suggest the exact reverse of this feature. Something that suggests squads in categories you haven't specifically opened, for people undecided on what to do and where to go at the time. Kind of like an all-tabs random-overworld section. Right now, you have to extend each expansion or season individually and then select the section within it before you see whether there's anything listed. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the feedback! Yes I'm sure a feature like this wouldn't, by itself, solve the lfg being empty or the lfg being unwieldy. It's just meant to be a small quality of life improvement kind of like how being able to see if a map is full was a nice addition even if it didn't "fix" the lfg.

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Like 1

Actually the LFG system for fractals, raids and strikes, is quite bad, specially because a lot of people prefer just to stay doing nothing for hours for their insane requirements of kps, ufs, li, etc. Than spend that time trying to do the content with people that probably don't have that quantity of requirements, but that they have done the content a lot. The system has to be improved to make it more automatic, and dont even have to worry about create it from scratch. They can just go to wow and see what they did  and do something similar.

But really is insane that for example in my case,  I didn't know about kps before and I throw away all decoration, and now is really difficult to me do content even knowing the raid mechanics, and having practically 2 legendary raid sets.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, fenrir.4532 said:

Actually the LFG system for fractals, raids and strikes, is quite bad, specially because a lot of people prefer just to stay doing nothing for hours for their insane requirements of kps, ufs, li, etc. Than spend that time trying to do the content with people that probably don't have that quantity of requirements, but that they have done the content a lot. The system has to be improved to make it more automatic, and dont even have to worry about create it from scratch. They can just go to wow and see what they did  and do something similar.

But really is insane that for example in my case,  I didn't know about kps before and I throw away all decoration, and now is really difficult to me do content even knowing the raid mechanics, and having practically 2 legendary raid sets.

I've never seen nor been apart of a group where it takes hours to get people to join because of kp requirements. I have however seen people joining no or low kp groups not knowing the basics or following instructions when given in squad chat (we call this greifing).

The use of kp is there to try and filter out certain level of players because not everyone has the time, patience or want to teach others how to do the content. If they implement a system where parties/squad are created automatically if they don't have a way to measure a player's experience and role you can bet it will be a disaster.

I'm sorry to hear about your particular example of not knowing about kp and how to save it. Best advise I can give is to try to join a guild doing raids or do low/no kp runs until you can get enough kp to be able to join the groups you want. Can also look into running groups yourself with low/no kp.

Edit: have you also tried pinging your legendary armor? I've seen players been accepted in runs with that before.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Added more
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea, and while we have this post...

Why not do an overall rework of the lfg?
Like for instance content it would be nice to be able to filter out which encounter you are looking for, or as commander for what wing or strike you need dps or whatever role for.
Then ppl can signup to the squad for that certain role.
Anet could also use different colors in the squad composition for this, now every class is green in the squad.
They could make healalac dark green, heal quick darkblue, alacdps lightgreen and quickdps lightblue. dps goes in red and special roles like tank or kite can get a colored mark like th ready check but in a different corner.

Then it is always obvious for everyone who does what.

Probably a lot of other improvements are possible, but this already would be amazing imo.

• Thanks 2