Vindi rotation optimisation - quick question

Hi. I'm trying to get a Benchmark grade dps with powervindi gs/swsw just for the sake of it and so was trying to thoroughly understand the suggested rotation of vindi on meta websites. So, does anyone know why in the suggested opener is GS3=>5=>2 ? Instead of 3=> 2 =>5 ? (Ending with 5 and swapping to shiro and impossible odds before GS5 animation finishes make GS5 benefit from impossible odds, so i dont understand why it doesnt finish with 5 before swapping. Aldo, GS Loop finishes with gs5 but not the opener...)

Thank you 

Maybe i'll get some pushback on this, but does it really matter that much? 

They're talking microseconds of time where lag would be a greater variable.  However, missing GS 5 in Shiro would be a much bigger loss in DPS.  I'd stick to what you're doing, their method isn't thousands in difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWLDguitar.5746 said:

Maybe i'll get some pushback on this, but does it really matter that much? 

They're talking microseconds of time where lag would be a greater variable.  However, missing GS 5 in Shiro would be a much bigger loss in DPS.  I'd stick to what you're doing, their method isn't thousands in difference.

You're right that it probably doesnt matter much, I just wanted to be thorough and found this detail odd. I'm still going to sleep thight tonight without a definitive answer.

It's about priority. GS5 > GS2 > Dodges > GS3 > Autochain 

Firstly, you understood it's an Opener. GS3 is used first in the opener simply because it's a gap closer. You want to put GS5 into cooldown immediately so that Alacrity can do its work cooling it down and then fill the rest of the rotation with GS2 and Auto Chain > Dodge.

• Like 1

Test multipble combinations with a dps addon to track it. Write each combo how much dps. Do each a few times to make sure it wasn't a fluke and to get an average.

Idk myself because I don't use addons, can't bother, but if I would that's how I would do it

• Confused 2