PvP Gift of Battle reward track

Anet will not remove the unique appeal/lure of WvW to people interested in legendaries. They have in fact doubled down by making it extremely convenient to acquire provisioner tokens via WvW as well. sPvP simply put should have had its own unique appeal but now it's far too late.

it wouldnt be convient, but they won't do it

On another hand we won't have even more afkers farming pve rewards, in fact i got less afkers since obsidian armor release, one "pro" tilted here and there, but definitely less afkers across the board

You can farm your gift semi afk tho, get your participation to tier 6, set a 10 min timer, flip a camp to keep your participation tier 6, more 10 min afk, and so on

I read many many mangas while farming conflux this way XD

Honestly, I have no desire to stay logged in game not playing or doing something very boring to me. I'm one of those few who actually have fun in pvp, so for me it comes to either have fun (yes, not always) in pvp and no legendary, or waste some hours hoping something fun is going to happen in WvW, sometimes struggling to not fall to sleep while getting that progress for 1 item that is a must to make any legendary weapon. I still don't have the legendary ring because it requires me to get how many, 5 gifts!? Makes sense to make another post asking to give opportunity to make second Coalescense or add another legend ring to the game

53 minutes ago, Berethor.3520 said:

Honestly, I have no desire to stay logged in game not playing or doing something very boring to me. I'm one of those few who actually have fun in pvp, so for me it comes to either have fun (yes, not always) in pvp and no legendary, or waste some hours hoping something fun is going to happen in WvW, sometimes struggling to not fall to sleep while getting that progress for 1 item that is a must to make any legendary weapon. I still don't have the legendary ring because it requires me to get how many, 5 gifts!? Makes sense to make another post asking to give opportunity to make second Coalescense or add another legend ring to the game

I don't like wvw either, that's why I cheesed the ring by mostly not playing the game mode. I didn't even knew you couldn't get a second coalescence, since you can get 2 confluxes, it feelsbad tbh

On 3/15/2024 at 10:06 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can we add Gift of Exploration tracks to PvP and WvW as well?

Since you get two gifts of Explo and we have mad mount speed now--I'd wager a gift of exploration and gift of battle take about the same time.  It can't take more than a few hours to map complete core tyria anymore, and it takes at least a few hours to finish GoB track provided you don't have old WXP pots to spam or boosters or something.  

Anyway, would not be opposed to GoB in PvP as either way you are doing a competitive game mode.  WvW has conflux anyway as well which you need a bunch of specific currency for outside the GoB.  

52 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Since you get two gifts of Explo and we have mad mount speed now--I'd wager a gift of exploration and gift of battle take about the same time.  It can't take more than a few hours to map complete core tyria anymore, and it takes at least a few hours to finish GoB track provided you don't have old WXP pots to spam or boosters or something.  

Anyway, would not be opposed to GoB in PvP as either way you are doing a competitive game mode.  WvW has conflux anyway as well which you need a bunch of specific currency for outside the GoB.  

Takes about 4 hours for GoB, map completion world record is about 6.5 hours, but normal playing is between 12 and 16 hours for two GoE.

57 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Takes about 4 hours for GoB, map completion world record is about 6.5 hours, but normal playing is between 12 and 16 hours for two GoE.

So yeah, that works out then...GoE would be 6-8 hrs for normies, GoB 4 hours without booster madness.  

Not really even sure if that's an argument for or against putting them in reward tracks as the timing is pretty close--wonder what it works out to gold as they could just put them in vendors now for like 100-200g ea.  

They really need to find other things to get players in the modes besides these, as components for legendaries is about the most boring method possible.  

9 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

So yeah, that works out then...GoE would be 6-8 hrs for normies, GoB 4 hours without booster madness.  

Not really even sure if that's an argument for or against putting them in reward tracks as the timing is pretty close--wonder what it works out to gold as they could just put them in vendors now for like 100-200g ea.  

They really need to find other things to get players in the modes besides these, as components for legendaries is about the most boring method possible.  

I think it has more to do with WvW/PvP only players not wanting to do World Completion as it is very boring for them and PvE players not wanting to go into WvW because their feelings get hurt they find it boring there.

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think it has more to do with WvW/PvP only players not wanting to do World Completion as it is very boring for them and PvE players not wanting to go into WvW because their feelings get hurt they find it boring there.

This post is about Gift of Battle in PvP reward track beside WvW, so PvE player would have another option beside WvW to get it or for those who prefere PvP over WvW like me. Don't think puting Gift of Exploration into reward track is a good idea, although getting it may be pain, need another discussion for that. I wanted to know if A-net would even concider it. Its just unfar, that the item needed for 1 of 2 lege ring and every single lege weapon is tied the the only part of the game that I don't like.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:56 AM, Berethor.3520 said:

Honestly, I have no desire to stay logged in game not playing or doing something very boring to me. *snip*

Normally PvE players want the GoB to be obtainable outside of WvW, because they don't like the PvP aspect of WvW (and getting killed by other players).

PvP players should not have a problem with that at all. They can fight all they want in camps and close to spawns, because 1v1 or small scale fights (if they they want to be close to the PvP type of fights) can happen there a lot. Just saying "something that is very boring to me" sounds like a very weak reason not to engage into an activity in WvW that is very close to PvP.

6 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Normally PvE players want the GoB to be obtainable outside of WvW, because they don't like the PvP aspect of WvW (and getting killed by other players).

PvP players should not have a problem with that at all. They can fight all they want in camps and close to spawns, because 1v1 or small scale fights (if they they want to be close to the PvP type of fights) can happen there a lot. Just saying "something that is very boring to me" sounds like a very weak reason not to engage into an activity in WvW that is very close to PvP.

But I do have a problem, many problems. WvW require you to have gear and it better be top notch, people rarely travel solo there, especialy go close to enemy spawn, if I die I have to travel through half of map, even during Storm-whats-its-name castle defence you can't tp inside if its under attack and ppl usualy make it so for the WP on closest keep, I have to travel from the base to the center and this is annoying, and I'm a ranger main, meaning I have mobility and range dmg, to stay alive in fights for a long time, and to change my playstile I have to get different gear (I do have  lot of legies, but still can't get all on a whim) plus a free build+gear slot or a new character and some more problems, but those are my problems, I imagine many ppl prefere PvP over WvW beside me.