Herald...easy as? Say what! Not for this kid.

Joxer.6024

Ok, so moved this from another post as i felt it needed a life of its own. Go figure...lol

Anyways, here goes:

Ok, people keep saying that Herald is easy as...a cake-walk...can do everything  with eyes closed. How so? I just dont see it. Now granted, it could be partly due to my old as fingers (63,but they work!) and that but for me it just feels like ALOT of button smashing. Flip this facet, then this one, and now this one, then flip them all again before legend swap. And whats up with that F2? Do you ever press it and why? I see people use it in the vids but yet in the rotation I see no reference.

Now, most of this could be 100% due to me not understanding the spec. I loved Ren when it came out but got tired of being in Alac prison, so kinda just stopped. But I do like the class from things I have read here and in other posts\sources, Herald would really be the ticket for me. So....what am I missing? Is it a spammy class yet most peeps find it easy, in which case thats on me so all good. Or am I just not seeing the whole deal here. I'm leaning towards the latter...I'm thinking user error but would love for someone to enlighten me with some actually useful knowledge.

And just to add, it could very well be me simply not understanding the spec....

As I said previously, are you sure you have an up-to-date guide? That sounds like the way it used to be when Draconic Echo was the quickness source, but it's pretty straightforward with Elevated Compassion. Activate 6 pips worth of upkeep, switch legend when energy gets low, rinse and repeat.

Like most builds, you can get better performance if you make more active use of your various skills, but you can 100% upkeep quickness almost just by existing, and get decent damage just with weapon skills. The rest is mostly gravy.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

As I said previously, are you sure you have an up-to-date guide? That sounds like the way it used to be when Draconic Echo was the quickness source, but it's pretty straightforward with Elevated Compassion. Activate 6 pips worth of upkeep, switch legend when energy gets low, rinse and repeat.

Like most builds, you can get better performance if you make more active use of your various skills, but you can 100% upkeep quickness almost just by existing, and get decent damage just with weapon skills. The rest is mostly gravy.

Cheers for that! Yea, it does seem like I am looking at the old ways....so will give another look at whats there. Thanks for info!

Power quick herald is objectively “better” than condi, but I found now that herald has access to shortbow, i prefer the play style of condi quick herald.  In groups with good boom coverage, I usually use demon stance and keep the elite active until energy is low and swap to dragon stance, if boon coverage is bad, i use the 3 utilities and the heal to maintain 6 pips and lots of boons (you dont need to consume them before swapping back to demon if its too complicated).  If boons are good you can use elite and the facet that gives fury for 6 pipe.  The F2 i almost exclusively use in dragon stance, i toggle it on and immediately off, it just extends all boons for a few seconds.

Edited by mikexg.7329
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Assuming this is PvE, Quick-Herald is literally the least intensive BoonDPS out there. 

If you're playing Low Intensity, you can just run Jalis/Shiro and toggle your Upkeep on and generate Might and Quickness with 100% uptime for your party without even pressing anything else, so all you gotta do is auto attack and cast Sword 2, 4 and 5 occasionally and it results in just decently good DPS for how little you need to press things. For people who go the extra mile, they use Glint instead of Jalis to push their DPS a little further and provide more boons but otherwise it's still the same thing. And the cherry on top is that you don't need specialize gear at all! You can just run full Berserker and do your job well if not more consistently than other BoonDPS without sweating!

To sum it up:
- Quickness Herald is a very easy yet effective build for its role (QuicknessDPS)

- You turn on your Upkeep and keep your priority DPS skills on cooldown (Sword 2, Sword 4 and Sword 5) 

- You can leave F2 on during Shiro stance and cast it when exiting Shiro for some bonus damage. Its effect grants allies extra chip damage, so it's very good to keep it on during Shiro. (You don't need to care about this for Low Intensity QuickHerald but usually F2 is used for Glint to extend boons before they swap)

- Only need Berserker gear

- Very high Quickness uptime for very little effort

- Does decent damage for very little effort

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1