AFK running in wvw

arenanet needs to seriously start doing something about this issue. There are soo many people in my wvw server just running in corners and keeping people who want to play in Queue. There needs to be a report option for that, or a gamemaster ping so these people can be removed instantly. Its absolutely terrible. literally every camp, keep or fort has people just hiding and running into the corner and afk. I mean how is that not been reported before or if it has then why is this still happening??

Edited by Armos.9628
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Armos.9628 said:

arenanet needs to seriously start doing something about this issue. There are soo many people in my wvw server just running in corners and keeping people who want to play in Queue. There needs to be a report option for that, or a gamemaster ping so these people can be removed instantly. Its absolutely terrible. literally every camp, keep or fort has people just hiding and running into the corner and afk. I mean how is that not been reported before or if it has then why is this still happening??

Camp running is new, what server? Best option I have found to get them removed is report for botting. Agree a separate option would be best.

• Thanks 1

I can see people doing wall running for legit reason.. e.g. The queue on the map is 50+ and they're in session break or they're waiting for their team members on the queue to get into map. I don't really see people doing it for botting reason as there isn't really any gain by doing it. I also don't see the different between wall-running and people just standing there at the spawn and clicking W once in awhile. The root cause is super long queue on some specific map (e.g. EBG). Without solving this, the issue will still exist but in different form.

Another funny observation is some people like to talk / chat / comment stupid thing in team chat from EBG. These people don't really help much for your world than the wall-runners.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, sduFire.8420 said:

I can see people doing wall running for legit reason.. e.g. The queue on the map is 50+ and they're in session break or they're waiting for their team members on the queue to get into map. I don't really see people doing it for botting reason as there isn't really any gain by doing it. I also don't see the different between wall-running and people just standing there at the spawn and clicking W once in awhile. The root cause is super long queue on some specific map (e.g. EBG). Without solving this, the issue will still exist but in different form.

Another funny observation is some people like to talk / chat / comment stupid thing in team chat from EBG. These people don't really help much for your world than the wall-runners.

Is a legit reason because queue is at 50 or 70 ? If you need to be afk 5 minutes is ok or 10minutes, but when you see someone running to a wall for hours thats the problem, get out, don't be selfish person with "legit" reason. Let other people play. So what is the point behind doing this?  At the end they do not gain anything thats the point but affects population. As I said when you see 1 or 2 well nothing to do but when you count 25 - 30 you see that he problem is getting bigger. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sduFire.8420 said:

I can see people doing wall running for legit reason.. e.g. The queue on the map is 50+ and they're in session break or they're waiting for their team members on the queue

This is not a legit reason.

I don't really see people doing it for botting reason

This happens often.

I also don't see the different between wall-running and people just standing there

One is removing players from queue and the other is waiting for action or regrouping.

On 3/16/2024 at 2:58 PM, Armos.9628 said:

All they need to do is make walls stop the autorun if you hit the wall problem solved.

+1 to this petition.

The only time I use this method is when I need to go to the bathroom or something IRL needs attention but never takes me 2+ hours running to a wall. That's just space wasted for people that want to play and/or actually help with defending/attacking. People just running anywhere for more than 30 minutes should be instantly kicked IF there's a queue. If there's no queue I see no problem, they can walk in the wall all they need, but then that'd be just pointless.

A couple days ago, it took some of our squad members over 3 hours to get in. The queue was slowly moving, those leaving the map were people that probably were engaging with the content, where 25+ people were afk running just so they'd not need to requeue when they wake up. This is a problem, it's artificially filling the map with characters that do nothing for the game mode. The more people get for hours in queue, the more people will use this method which means eventually the map queue will not move at all.

Edited by red.9862
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

All they need to do is make walls stop the autorun if you hit the wall problem solved.

It’s quite silly if you think about it and why they haven’t done so ages ago. I mean autorun kind of indicates you are going somewhere. If the game detects you run in place for more than 3m or something, it should just kick. Lag doesn’t last that long nor does looking at your inventory and accidentally running into something. 

As to above stating there is a legit reason to do it, that’s absolute nonsense. You want to afk, just do it. The timer is what, like 10-15m already?

Edited by Dawdler.8521

On 3/16/2024 at 11:43 PM, sduFire.8420 said:

I can see people doing wall running for legit reason.. e.g. The queue on the map is 50+ and they're in session break or they're waiting for their team members on the queue to get into map.

I only see one acceptable reason: all maps have a queue and the commander of a large squad has to take a phone call or something that can be longer than the idle-kick-time but under 30 minutes.

I can't think of any other acceptable reason.

And ofc the rest of the squad doesn't wait.
A squad that camps the spawn and waits, is just as bad as afk runners.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I only see one acceptable reason: all maps have a queue and the commander of a large squad has to take a phone call or something that can be longer than the idle-kick-time but under 30 minutes.

I can't think of any other acceptable reason.

You can literally just push a single button to twitch your character and reset the idle kick. Unless that commander have a wired phone from the 80's, he definitely does not have any reason whatsoever to autorun into a wall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You can literally just push a single button to twitch your character and reset the idle kick. Unless that commander have a wired phone from the 80's, he definitely does not have any reason whatsoever to autorun into a wall.

The phone call was just an example. Also two of my commanders get occasional phone calls from customers and there's no such thing as pressing a button in the game, they're busy with other things.

The kitchen of one of my commanders broke down while we were playing wvw. We all heard it on teamspeak and thought it was an explosion.

So there can be various reasons you and I can't even think of.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

The phone call was just an example. Also two of my commanders get occasional phone calls from customers and there's no such thing as pressing a button in the game, they're busy with other things.

The kitchen of one of my commanders broke down while we were playing wvw. We all heard it on teamspeak and thought it was an explosion.

Maybe they should prioritize that then and take the loss on the queue.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

The only issue with trying to code for auto-runners is we are already have more creative people getting around the auto-kick feature using other things. Ever see that player that just swings their weapon when nothing is around and is just standing there? The issue is not enough GMs in the end. Best option is report, provide info and location and rinse and repeat if its repeat offenders. Have I done this and seen the players, vanish, yes, does it take repeated reports, yes to that too. Can we automate it, no, since players would abuse that feature by just mass reporting the other sides main tag knowing it would get them kicked out till someone could review the issue and get them back in. This one isn't an easy one to fix.

All for people trying to find something that would work, but I don't think this one would. I think this would make walls sticky and could see a large keep fight being an issue as people running around walls. Since auto-run is just running it would mean any time someone contacts a wall they stop moving forward. It would be like players being hit Immobile if the touch the walls while moving forward.