Range power weapon

mikexg.7329

Hi Rev community - I returned to the game a few months ago and have really been enjoying quick herald and the changes made since I last played.  With weapon master - I really wanted to use shortbow and have been doing quick condi.  I want to make a power quick build, but really like having my second weapon be ranged (i have a hand disability and ranged option just helps me a lot in certain situations) - is hammer  a viable option? Ive also seen people say shortbow is okay as power, despite being a condi weapon.  Any insight or advice is welcome

Thanks 🙂

Since you have a hand disability I guess shortbow is most easy to use for it.

Hammer has 3 abilties where you have to target the areas where to land it, which might make more exhausting for your hand. And might feel in general little slower to fight with on first tries.

Shortbow has only 1 ability to target an area.

Damage wise, shortbow has more dps, but less sustain in pure power build. Hammer has few more defensives in its kit but same time  lower damage. I don't know how much damage difference atm though.

But hammer is also 1200 range and shortbow 900, isn't that big of a deal in openworld pve I think.

In short you can try out both, but shortbow might feel easier on the hand because less abilties to target on a place.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, mikexg.7329 said:

Fractal or strike

If your group is okay with you/casual run then it's fine. 

Usually structured content like Fractal, Strikes and Raids desire all party members to stack up for buffs and for everyone to run proper damage weaponsets to clear the content efficiently. Unfortunately some bosses even absolutely HATE projectiles, rendering Hammer and Shortbow very weak due to projectile reflection or block, so if you insist on using ranged then you're out of luck in such encounters. 

As people have said, shortbow does fairly well on power, especially if you have effects that boost damage on hit (eg Impossible Odds) - rev has a fair few of these effects, so hammer suffers a bit from having a slow attack rate.

It's not as strong as it was when Battle Scars lifesteal was doing about five times as much as it does now, but it's still a pretty decent hybrid weapon.

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It's not as strong as it was when Battle Scars lifesteal was doing about five times as much as it does now, but it's still a pretty decent hybrid weapon.

NEVER FORGET WHAT THEY TOOK FROM US

• Like 2