The new Glacial Heart trait is objectively bad

GuriGashi.5617

• GuriGashi.5617 changed the title to The new Glacial Heart trait is objectively bad
6 minutes ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

This trait is perfectly fine. If you design a build around it, you can heal your allies for insane amounts, as well as yourself. I was getting 30-50% more healing from this trait than the regular heal.

He's referring to spvp

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Zebulon.1850 said:

This trait is perfectly fine. If you design a build around it, you can heal your allies for insane amounts, as well as yourself. I was getting 30-50% more healing from this trait than the regular heal.

I find that hard to believe.  What healing skill were you using?  Please share your build and the numbers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

600 heal with internal cooldown? Seriously? Either increase the heal or remove the cooldown completely so we can benefit from hitting more than one target. 

Agreed!

Internal CD is not too crazy tbh. -  BUT  only 949 Healing on 1500 Healing-power (which is completely unrealistic in spvp) is just a bad scaling. I think they should change this trait for only healing the player for ~1000 (on 0 Healing-power) and not the allies around. Keep in mind you drop either the damage benefit from virtues for 6secs or the amazing condi cleanse from Virtue of resolve - so the "new" Glacial Heart trait needs tiny adjustments to compete with the other traits in this tier.

Edited by Assassine.1958
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I say remove the internal cooldown.  Kitten, I can't believe it has an internal cooldown since the heal is so low.

I should be able to get more of a heal if I smash two people with Glacial Blow.  When you are in a group and 5-10 people are attacking, a single 650 heal is like a fart in the wind.  I should be able to heal for triple that if I catch three attackers in Dragon's Maw or manage to hit them with Glacial Blow. 

Why not let it scale?  Seriously, there are builds that one shot a Guardian with our pathetic health.  Edit: Also, why does it heal others?  Great that it does, but if I had to choose, I don't care if it heals other people as much as provides me with some sustain.

Edited by Titan.7853
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I agree . I'm a support FB  or WB in wvw .  Do you know how excited I was when I realized it was an AOE heal .  I could Finally maybe lose Mace and Shield for something that was more .... Lets say Active .  I could focus on Hitting some one instead of healing them .   Gave me great joy to think i could finally be a battle cleric .  If they removed the  IDC  you could run Relic of the reaper and be a core or shout guard or WB/FB  with a hammer .    WB would be good due to  the trait that resets weapon cooldowns .  Trap a group in your Hammer 5 and watch as they bash their heads trying to get out wile healing your Alli ... I mean come on Give us supports a littlebit .  Keep the heal Low but remove the IDC

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Paidtokill.1394 said:

I agree . I'm a support FB  or WB in wvw .  Do you know how excited I was when I realized it was an AOE heal .  I could Finally maybe lose Mace and Shield for something that was more .... Lets say Active .  I could focus on Hitting some one instead of healing them .   Gave me great joy to think i could finally be a battle cleric .  If they removed the  IDC  you could run Relic of the reaper and be a core or shout guard or WB/FB  with a hammer .    WB would be good due to  the trait that resets weapon cooldowns .  Trap a group in your Hammer 5 and watch as they bash their heads trying to get out wile healing your Alli ... I mean come on Give us supports a littlebit .  Keep the heal Low but remove the IDC

Devs, please make a support shout Guardian build with Relic of the Reaper, take Hammer, and balance the heal strength with that in mind with no internal cooldown.  That should be the maximum strength combination, so it should be excellent, as it's all downhill from there.  There is no Relic of the Reaper in PvP, so I think the trick will be balancing so that it is still effective in PvP, and not OP in PvE or WvW.  If you are taking Relic of the Reaper, then you are losing Relic of the Monk, Flock, or Karakosa, and so that loss should be taken into account as well for balance.

Hammer support Guardian does seem like a breath of fresh air.  Let's give our supports some joy!

Edited by Titan.7853
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 6:35 AM, Paidtokill.1394 said:

Relying on your enemy being disabled in bigger fights doesn't seem reliable because the enemy would usually have a lot of stability. I think most fights go too fast for you to put rings down though I suppose you could combine Sanctuary with that other FB trait that gives might on disable.

Then again I suppose Absolute Resolution in zergs isn't that amazing on FB due to the cooldown of 42.5s ; FB cleansing pales in comparison with other meta supports anyways. (But so does the healing)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480