Easy Ele build low intensity and fidelity ideas?

Looking for: Build for elite spec either Tempest or Weaver (no SotO and EoD) unless core is actually better.  Primary PvE open world. Could exist in 2 gear setups and 3 skill setups.

To some degree i can run with two setups (but only 1 elite spec max) as sometimes i need more survival and self buffs, and sometimes i am in zerg so max kitten dps.

The main challenge is that there are scenerios: 1) Group Event, with a lot of buffs from other players. 2)Easy content solo 3) Hard champion open world solo.

So need to be prepared for all. During group event there is generally 25 might, furry, alac, quick, protection flying around. So less need to self buff that.

Tempest seems easier.

I like celestial gear, even thou it has stats all over the place it also has stats all over the place, which makes it easier to survive. And with elie it is more or less easy to go condi curious.

Sample build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwEsEmpMB2CrhtxIxR5Kr9B-DyIY1QBOjEkAxpAUaBlAAA-e

I could probably create more Viper version of it to for max dps scenerio.

Edited by evilcat.6817

Yes Cele is fun statline for open world, as you generally use extra toghness and vitality, and if you play solo that bonus healing and concentration could be useful to. The main challenge is to add some condition to the build to use that condi dmg and expertise to. But ele is quite good at inherit condi as we can provide some sick burns.

I use this build, except replacing Arcane Power with the Earth Signet to both upkeep Aura and trigger Fractal relic easier. Can’t get any more low intensity than just camping Fire and spamming skills off cooldown.

Do note that yesterday patch nerfed Tempest by 5% condi damage, so the output now will be lower than what’s shown.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I might do something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGAFsE26WZGMN2FbhRijqzZ7C-DyIY1ov/MSQCEn6QhHDYZRpNA-e 

Much better damage, easy full uptime protection, easy might.  Should deal pretty good damage.  You could also use trailblazer for a bit better damage.

Only issue with this (apart from my dislike of sceptre, but that's on me) is that you'll lose your elemental every time you mount

If you don't wanna deal with summoning elementals you can use glyph of storms for very similar dmg.

Cele gear in my opinions is the way to go for the content you mentioned since the difference in dps between cele and viper isn't that big usually

1 hour ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

Only issue with this (apart from my dislike of sceptre, but that's on me) is that you'll lose your elemental every time you mount

I prefer sword myself, but most people looking for easy want range and scepter is the option for that type of build. 

25 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I prefer sword myself, but most people looking for easy want range and scepter is the option for that type of build. 

Definitely agree, personally I love d/d but have been using sword for raiding so have been using it open world to get a good feel for it and it is very nice. I've recently been using pistol on open world for the same reason it's not as terrible as I first though (air still is) just need to turn your volume down

10 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

I use this build, except replacing Arcane Power with the Earth Signet to both upkeep Aura and trigger Fractal relic easier. Can’t get any more low intensity than just camping Fire and spamming skills off cooldown.

Do note that yesterday patch nerfed Tempest by 5% condi damage, so the output now will be lower than what’s shown.

Another note about that build regarding yesterdays patch: Arcane power's way to apply burning from self and allies through the arcane traitline has been removed. So arcane has little to no benefit for condi builds now, thus earth is likely always better.

• Like 1

I can't remember if non-EoD accounts can still buy a tier 10 core.  If so, I go with something like this.  If not, hybridize Marauder and Dragon pieces to get more health.  Something like this for more health.

Partly this is my practiced experience with the setup, but I've found fresh air power sword to be quite simple in concept.  Basically, the whole thing breaks down into 3 steps:

Step 1: Use sword skill 3

Step 2: Use DPS skills from left to right

Step 3: change attunements, and repeat.

The rote attunement rotation is to start in Air, go to Fire, Double to Fire, go to Water, then quickly mash into double air.  If you want a bit more finesse, you can switch that final part of the rotation up so you'll go into Earth every other time, and use Earthquake, Earthen Vortex, and Churning Earth for more damage.  You have to do it every other time, though, because the cooldowns in Earth are a bit too long.  Once you get a grasp of the flow it is pretty easy to remember the DPS rotation.

The Gear is chosen to maximize damage.  Death is the best debuff, and the fast things die the quicker you get loot and move on.  The traits are also chosen largely to do maximum damage.  There's some leeway in choices (I.E. Raging Storm vs. Stormsoul is based on context).  If you want more survival, it is generally better to just change the utility skills to suit your needs.

The utilities are whatever.  I usually keep Arcane Shield as a stunbreak and a backup, but if you're confident you can use something else.  Glyph of Storms is one of the best skills IMO, used in Earth to mass blind enemies, used in Air against large targets to do a lot of damage, used in Fire otherwise.  Primordial Stance is there just for extra damage, and does nothing really crucial otherwise.  Weave Self can get complicated if you're trying to maximize it, but if you aren't just consider it as a temporary stat buff.  Trying to maximize Weave Self is difficult, but unless you're trying to benchmark a golem don't bother with trying to maximize it.  Just go through two rotations (double air -> double fire - > water -> double air -> double fire -> Earth -> double air) and you'll still get a lot out of it.  As an alternative option, Fiery Greatsword makes for a good pseudo-weapon swap if you're in need of a ranged weapon.

The hardest part of this spec isn't going the rote rotation.  It is learning how to be flexible with the attunements.  There's a lot of small tricks in there that separates the boys from the men.  For example, there's an excellent CC rotation for when breaking bars is needed.  It requires you to swap to Earth, then Fresh Air into Air//Earth.  From there, you can use Gale Strike -> Polaric Leap -> Earthquake (attune to double air) - > Updraft in that order to do 732 defiance damage, just shredding any bar you come across.  Another example is the opener.  If you're fighting smaller enemies, I advise starting in earth/x to use Sandstorm from Glyph of Storms, then quickly switch to fire and use Lava Skin.  Doing this will give all enemies around you blind, weakness, and also give you barrier to absorb some stray hits, making you very hard to kill.  However, if you're fighting a defiant enemy, start in double-air and do the DPS rotations as normal.  Also, know that you can slow the water portion slightly to heal yourself and cleanse a condition with Cleansing Wave and Riptide.

That flexibility is why I recommend Fresh Air.  There's another build that uses Bolt to the Heart and just switches between fire and air the whole time.  While easier to use, it is lacking that flexibility that lets you do things like burst CC and quick heals/cleanses.  The only place this build is going to have trouble is if you're soloing hard champions that have a lot of continuous pressure.  If you decide to solo champions, learn to pace yourself.  You'll be relying on the evades from Riptide and Earthen Vortex more often, so if an attack is coming you'll want to calm down the DPS rotation for a second.  

• Like 2