If Glint is the mother then whos the father?!

Lastofusfan.9351

13 hours ago, Lord Korag.8439 said:

You are very right and not only the elders alone: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_Egg

I only wonder if just Destroyer Crabs can hatch from those, or if something  "bigger" is also possible.
There is even one in the Wizard's Tower: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroyer_Egg_(Tower_of_Secrets)

In the second mission there are destroyer trolls and destroyer harpies coming out of the "eggs". By all indication, the eggs aren't actual eggs, just portable lava pools for destroyers to form out of (which is kind of what an egg is, replacing "lava" with egg yolk I guess). Which matches, somewhat, the case with Aurene and how her hatching was the egg literally shattering then reforming into a dragon.

• Confused 1

It's worth noting that we also had examples of non-crab Destroyers spawning from pods in GW1, and I recall it being said that reinforcements in the final mission came from pods that were incubating in the lava. Mind you, the GW1 Destroyers had a wider variety than GW2 Destroyers, so it's possible that the Great Destroyer had a repository of more advanced Destroyer types that were lost when the Great Destroyer was, well, destroyed.

Parthenogenesis?

I think it's just a game design decision of gendering them to make them more relatable and understandable to a degree. A concept can be more interesting with more creative details for their character development. Are the Elder Dragons non-binary and/or hermaphroditic? Probably and maybe some officially will be (if aurene has children) but when you make them some mix of feminine and some masculine you have the option to give depth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Parthenogenesis?

I think it's just a game design decision of gendering them to make them more relatable and understandable to a degree. A concept can be more interesting with more creative details for their character development. Are the Elder Dragons non-binary and/or hermaphroditic? Probably and maybe some officially will be (if aurene has children) but when you make them some mix of feminine and some masculine you have the option to give depth.

The elder dragons are sentient forced of nature. It's easier to comprehend them by putting mortal attributes on them. 

Like how in many cultures around the world see the Sun as female. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The elder dragons are sentient forced of nature. It's easier to comprehend them by putting mortal attributes on them. 

Like how in many cultures around the world see the Sun as female. 

exactly, similar to personification.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1