Tried playing power Berserker in PVP as per usual today.

WingSwipe.3084

Why does it feel significantly weaker, its been one patch.

I could rip through at least one person last week but it feels like I have to slog though twice as much work to get one kill now.

The constant double Guardian and Necro stacks werent fun before but now it feels really rough. Guardians especially feel like they are generating twice as much aegis.

Am I missing something or did I just lose all my skill over the course of a week?

Anyone got suggestions?

• Like 1

Because all the damage is mitigated by a single blind or weakness, and Anet went out of their way to make the burst damage one big hit across the board.. 

If you want windows to mitigate this you cannot take the strength line. You must take defense.

So either you do big damage if you hit, but never hit, or you do middling damage but can make 2 second windows to deliver it unhindered.

Hundred blades buff doesn't matter. Nobody sane stands in it.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 3/22/2024 at 11:03 PM, Lonecap.4105 said:

Other things were buffed and warrior buffs were irrelevant/inconsequential, basically

Just went through the patch list, they buffed Guardians again… how?

It’s been buffed 8 major patches in a row.

Rangers double mace might be the most disgusting thing I’ve seen in this game, you HAVE to one shot them now or you have to bust down 15k barrier and every fight. And it heals so much, how can anyone complain about warrior staff when this exists.

What is even going on?!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@WingSwipe.3084And best part is, staff warrior still can beat it and outheal it with ease 

Right?!

God, neither of them are fun to fight. We are going back to the bunker meta at Mach 5.

Think I’ve seen two of them go into an eternal stalemate.

It’s a terrible shame you can’t really play any other warrior build without it being considered griefing. Wish they could make any other power gameplay in PvP viable and not instantly get removed via blind, weakness and mass aegis spam.

14 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Right?!

God, neither of them are fun to fight. We are going back to the bunker meta at Mach 5.

Think I’ve seen two of them go into an eternal stalemate.

It’s a terrible shame you can’t really play any other warrior build without it being considered griefing. Wish they could make any other power gameplay in PvP viable and not instantly get removed via blind, weakness and mass aegis spam.

I think its in response to all of the burst damage becoming so present again.

I've been playing Willbender for a few weeks now and I can confirm that the majority of Warriors are just fairly easy pickings when roaming, only encountered a few that were difficult and truthfully my loss against them is a result of my own flaws while playing the class (I get too greedy because WB does actual damage and I'll be honest...it feels nice to do damage). Any Willbender playing better than I am currently capable of would walk over those Warriors.

My experiences with Willbender simply reaffirmed my perspective on the issue with Warrior; Everything is tied to bursts. Your buffs, your damage, your utility, everything is centered around burst skills. This normally wouldn't be that much of an issue with any other class having these things centered around their class mechanics. You don't see that issue on Elementalist, Guardian, Engineer, Mesmer, and even Necromancer. Why? Because Warrior Adrenaline drains out of combat and everything is tied to being able to hit the one or two skills associated with spending this Adrenaline. If you avoid those 2 things Warrior practically loses access to its traits. Thats why certain traits being tied to weapon swap instead of Burst were fairly good changes, because it is consistent and accessible.

This is why Warrior does not feel all that great to play, even Spellbreaker and Berserker. Yes, they hold their own...but I personally think it speaks volumes that Condi Defense Zerker is the meta almost purely because it makes such effective use of Relic of Akeem and has consistent access to albeit short invuln states through simply entering and exiting Berserk Mode, whereas Spellbreaker has damage negation in the form of Full Counter that can be "force triggered" by any AoE sitting on the ground, or just a pet/clone attacking. Both of these builds only remain relevant basically because they have access to things that mitigate incoming damage in a meta that has again fallen into big burst hits. Granted it isn't the 25k Mauls from Sic Em Soulbeasts that it once was, so its more manageable...somewhat. The issue is that Warrior doesn't...really have those hits, and they are all backloaded behind the Adrenaline mechanic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

This is why Warrior does not feel all that great to play, even Spellbreaker and Berserker. Yes, they hold their own...but I personally think it speaks volumes that Condi Defense Zerker is the meta almost purely because it makes such effective use of Relic of Akeem and has consistent access to albeit short invuln states through simply entering and exiting Berserk Mode, whereas Spellbreaker has damage negation in the form of Full Counter that can be "force triggered" by any AoE sitting on the ground, or just a pet/clone attacking. Both of these builds only remain relevant basically because they have access to things that mitigate incoming damage in a meta that has again fallen into big burst hits. Granted it isn't the 25k Mauls from Sic Em Soulbeasts that it once was, so its more manageable...somewhat. The issue is that Warrior doesn't...really have those hits, and they are all backloaded behind the Adrenaline mechanic.

Oh warrior can access that kind of damage, the difference is that they have to sacrifice EVERY defensive option. And in the current meta, defenses are mandatory.

1 minute ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Oh warrior can access that kind of damage, the difference is that they have to sacrifice EVERY defensive option. And in the current meta, defenses are mandatory.

When Warrior does not routinely have access to on demand Aegis, Blind, or true invuln states, yeah. And at this point its mobility is...lackluster compared to other things out there.

This is another point as to why Berserker holds its own better, because if you're using Longbow you have access to a Blind, Aegis from Sundering Leap as well. Throw Staff into the mix and there is more Aegis, plus a heal off of the block. Honestly this is why I was so annoyed at ANet brutally nerfing Unyielding Dragon on Bladesworn by removing the stun, because I actually enjoyed playing it as Discipline/Strength/Bladesworn and the Aegis functioned as the primary defensive tool plus the mobility you could achieve with the build. It is wild that the removal of the stun effectively gutted that specific build purely because it was likely done to rein in Defensesworn which could have been accomplished in any other way, which are things others have suggested here many times before and after the change happened.

But yes, to get the damage other classes would have you have to sacrifice basically all of your defense which, as you said, you really can't do because of the current meta.