a question

gashen.3874

i am trying to play a weaver in wvw, i have tried a few builds an am now trying staff/staff and my problem starts hare, when swapping staffs the skills on cooldown show the same on both staffs,now this seems wrong as they are 2 separate weapons.  am i missing something or is this correct, any help would be welcome.

6 minutes ago, gashen.3874 said:

thanks for your reply,it seems a bit odd, at the end of the day they are different weapons and should be treated as such....  once again thx for your reply.

The only reason to use two identical weapon setups (like staff/staff in your case) is to profit from on-weapon-change sigils.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, gashen.3874 said:

thanks for your reply,it seems a bit odd, at the end of the day they are different weapons and should be treated as such....  once again thx for your reply.

37 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The only reason to use two identical weapon setups (like staff/staff in your case) is to profit from on-weapon-change sigils.

On Elementalist, Engineer, and Bladesworn you cannot weapon swap in combat. Elementalist gets the benefit of on-swap sigils when they change attunement though.

The way to make the most of it on Elementalist is to put an on-kill sigil on one staff, and two on-swap/on-crit or whatever on the other. This way you can use the one staff to build up maximum charges and then swap to the other staff when next out of combat, the charges will remain and you'll still get the most out of having two more functional sigils.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, gashen.3874 said:

This forces you to play a variety of weapons. 

Not just the best one x2. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The only reason to use two identical weapon setups (like staff/staff in your case) is to profit from on-weapon-change sigils

Elemental attunement swapping triggers this effect. If you read the wiki you’ll realize that most things that change your weapon skills will trigger a sigil on weapon swap effect

see here

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_swap

14 minutes ago, Tinker.6924 said:

Elemental attunement swapping triggers this effect. If you read the wiki you’ll realize that most things that change your weapon skills will trigger a sigil on weapon swap effect

see here

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_swap

Yes, i know. Notice, though, that Ele cannot swap weapons during combat anyway, so for them identical weapon setup is meaningless.

It also in no way responds to what i said. As it happens the only case of dual weapon setup i can remember at the moment (staff/staff, and far less common farming GS/GS setup) was for mesmers. And mesmers do not have elemental attunement.

It also does not change the fact that the only reason for using such a setup is to trigger on-swap sigils. That there are other ways to trigger those sigils as well, doesn't impact that in the slightest.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

was for mesmers

Didn’t realize we were talking about mesmers in the elementalist forum. Should have read your mind and realized that.  Also, technically ele can benefit from identical weapons if you really want to throw lots of gold to gain every tiny bit of dps

20 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

The way to make the most of it on Elementalist is to put an on-kill sigil on one staff, and two on-swap/on-crit or whatever on the other. This way you can use the one staff to build up maximum charges and then swap to the other staff when next out of combat, the charges will remain and you'll still get the most out of having two more functional sigils.

Edited by Tinker.6924

12 minutes ago, Tinker.6924 said:

Didn’t realize we were talking about mesmers in the elementalist forum.

when i originally responded, it was in general forum. Was it moved?

Edit: but yes, if the question is ele specific, then there's no point for twin identical weapon setup whatsoever.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Confused 2

The op is asking about a *weaver wvw build*. At no time did you or anyone else bring up mesmers and it’s ridiculous to claim that mesmers were contextually relevant   

And you’re wrong about two weapons for ele. Nearly every ele wvw build (again that is what the context of this thread is about, not mesmers or pve) has a “try hard” variant of using 2 identical weapons: your main “vs real opponent” with on swap sigils and your secondary with on kill/crit sigils which requires you to run around killing bears , wargs, whatever to get quick stacks because when you swap after getting a stack and combat is over, the stack and its damage boon remain. It can slow you down by “wasting time” on the fauna and there’s a chance you will get stuck on the wrong weapon when a real enemy shows up and imo it’s a waste of gold but for someone trying to min/max their way to being the ultimate ele wvw warrior it’s a real option 

Edited by Tinker.6924