The Arc Detonator ability (class engineer, shortbow, autohit) does far too little damage

Erysium.4501

On 3/29/2024 at 1:01 PM, Erysium.4501 said:

The Arc Detonator ability (autohit, class engineer) does far too little damage. very unattractive. i am aware that it is a support weapon, but the damage is still too low.

How much damage do you want it to do?

Considering it's two hits for one button press, you should probably find ways to abuse it instead. On crit sigils for example with firearms can make for a fast stacking hybrid weapon.

I just roleplay that we’re shooting arrows backwards to tickle them with the fletching and create static for that secondary shock.  (Really though it’s pretty terrible, not that a support weapon should be good damage but it does nothing!)

• Confused 1

On 3/31/2024 at 11:07 PM, SWLDguitar.5746 said:

How much damage do you want it to do?

Considering it's two hits for one button press, you should probably find ways to abuse it instead. On crit sigils for example with firearms can make for a fast stacking hybrid weapon.

Those sigils have an ICD.

The shortbow autos have more damage than rifle auto and applies vuln on top.

1 hour ago, Langeball.9351 said:

Those sigils have an ICD.

The shortbow autos have more damage than rifle auto and applies vuln on top.

They do, but in combination with Firearms and Shrapnel the first auto (for example) could apply 5 bleeds.  The second 4. Third 5, etc.  There's definitely more to the ability than just an autoattack. Could make a Grieving or Viper set a viable option.  Maybe even Marshal's  for a hybrid damage + support role.

Edited by SWLDguitar.5746

It does less damage than elixir gun auto attack. I can't see shortbow being good for PvE, really, but how about making shortbow 1 unblockable? This would be 'omfg-awesome' for WvW zerging. This allows us to do what the shortbow was made for: support. Let us AOE apply vulnerability to zergs which is buffing our allies' damage. You'll never really notice the difference, but I would certainly notice the increase in  bags.👍Would having a spammable yet weak auto attack be unblockable be a big deal? Doubt anyone would care or think its OP.

I can't think of a much better way to buff it other than damage which IMO is a bad idea because then why use anything else. I mean maybe you could add AOE healing to the auto but I dunno about that. Unblockable for bags sounds good. "shrug"

Edited by Ruufio.1496