Missed opportunity for the new Celestial Invisible Cat Cape

I was wondering, since we have Chatoyant Elixir and Chatoyant Lens, with which we can see invisible cats in different places, maybe we could see the new backpack skin as well.
I tried it out and sadly we cannot.
It is a cool idea for Fashion wars, since now we can have a backpack visible on one template and not visible on another. Though it is a bit "lazy" just giving an empty skin.
It would have been so cool if it was an Easter egg, with actually showing a weird celestial cat cape on your back and on backs of other people while using the Chatoyant items, while nobody else could see them.

• Like 6

That would be some new level Houdini stuff, but maybe it was their plan to make people THINK it would indeed work like that. In that case i call it a proper April 1 fools.

"nope guys, its really just that.... invisible"

It was already funny cause, you can make all backpacks "invisible" by default. What could have been a been a nice confirmation of this was: use the Invisible Cat Cape, then turnoff the Backpack skin to activate a special easteregg Title like "Double Invisibility Feline".

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rudolfexpress.5634 said:

In my opinion, it's a shame on arenaNet's part.

I'm not trying to give us a skin comparable to something legendary or from the gem store, but it is disappointing that the new backpack literally does nothing

It's actually useful when used as part of a build template.

You may have one build with a backpiece, and another build where you don't want the backpiece to show. Normally, you'd have to manually toggle the back piece's visibility when swapping between builds. Now you can just outright set the skin to be invisible.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Arewn.2368 said:

You may have one build with a backpiece, and another build where you don't want the backpiece to show. Normally, you'd have to manually toggle the back piece's visibility when swapping between builds. Now you can just outright set the skin to be invisible.

I agree with the usefulness for that. but they could have at least have that little gimmick of a cat in their when using that tonic of  trinket. would never use them in regular play and it would be funny to see transmogs being "ruined" by a clingy cat if you do when you fancy it

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 11:09 PM, Arewn.2368 said:

I'm surprised the default back strap item doesn't have that functionality.

• Confused 1

On 4/1/2024 at 5:09 PM, Arewn.2368 said:

This. Now all we need are Invisible Cat shoulders, gloves and a helm to extend that functionality, since they don't seem to be in any hurry to make those toggles work per-build instead of character-wide.

• Like 1