Emboldened Mode - Raids

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 3:33 PM, Quirin.1076 said:

Raid rewards are a joke for the time to play them.   How is content you can only do once a week considered an exploit with Emboldened Mode?

If you're bashing your head on an encounter for an hour then yes. If you clear an encounter in 10 minutes or less then it is rewarding.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Raid rewards are a joke for the time to play them. 

Not really, but as already mentioned in this thread, nerf the rewards for emboldened -including no LI/achievements- and lets see how much you'll still keep asking for what you're proposing in this thread.

Spoiler alert: you won't, because you're pushing for easier rewards. Learn the content's mechanics like you claimed you wanted and you'll have the weekly rewards you want.

If the Main design function of Funneling players was real they would fix the massive issue of maps closing and moving players to empty maps. 

That has nothing to do with what is being discussed and pointed out in this thread. Bad strawman attempt.

Raids are more or less dead content.

They're not, without change you're just saying whatever to get easier rewards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Emboldened Mode = Difficulty Mode

Funneling players only benefits those who sell raids and those who run training raids.  It does not benefit those groups who are full of friends that simply enjoy playing the game  and want to experience the story.  

On 5/11/2024 at 3:00 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Spoiler alert: you won't, because you're pushing for easier rewards. Learn the content's mechanics like you claimed you wanted and you'll have the weekly rewards you want.

Spoiler Alert - You could Farm Fractals in the same time with less people and earn more rewards than the same time spent in a single run a week Raid.

They're not, without change you're just saying whatever to get easier rewards.

Spoiler Alert - You can earn more gold doing other content in the game, like PvP reward track or WvW reward track and sell the items that drop to earn plenty of gold.

Not really, but as already mentioned in this thread, nerf the rewards for emboldened -including no LI/achievements- and lets see how much you'll still keep asking for what you're proposing in this thread.

Like I said before I have already cleared all the raids and I have gotten all the achievements from said raids that I would ever need to get, so why would I even care about these.   I have a full set of all Legendary Armor / Weapons / Trinkets / Sigils / Runes / Relic /   you twice told legend is not repeatable.  I have every legendary insight I have ever earned from all my clears of raids and have no desire to make the legendary armor from raids.

All PvE content you can set your difficulty. Emboldened Mode = Difficulty Mode

• Confused 5

10 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Sadly no, the difficulty remains the same, what happens it's that the game gives you more stats, but the boss itself will not change a bit.

Reduced difficulty would mean for example not taking reflected damage on gorseval, VG losing greens on last phase or Sabetha phasing at 66-33% instead of 75-50-25%, being Karde the one that disappears. These changes would lower the difficulty, giving the player more stats changes almost nothing.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Funneling players only benefits those who sell raids and those who run training raids.  It does not benefit those groups who are full of friends that simply enjoy playing the game  and want to experience the story.  

It's for you to try out the raids, after that you can proceed with playing them in normal mode. Not sure why you're feeling the need to bump the thread 2 weeks later with things that were already answered. You asked the question, you received clear answers and yet here you are, repeating this nonsense. Emboldened doesn't help in learning mechanics, you can learn with friends -or in training runs- by playing in normal modes, so you're wrong.

11 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Spoiler Alert - You could Farm Fractals in the same time with less people and earn more rewards than the same time spent in a single run a week Raid.

Spoiler alert(?): Then go do that. Not sure how this is supposed to be responding to anything in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Spoiler Alert - You can earn more gold doing other content in the game, like PvP reward track or WvW reward track and sell the items that drop to earn plenty of gold.

Spoiler alert(?): Then go do that. Not sure how this is supposed to be responding to anything in this thread.

12 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Like I said before I have already cleared all the raids and I have gotten all the achievements from said raids that I would ever need to get, so why would I even care about these.   I have a full set of all Legendary Armor / Weapons / Trinkets / Sigils / Runes / Relic /   you twice told legend is not repeatable.  I have every legendary insight I have ever earned from all my clears of raids and have no desire to make the legendary armor from raids.

Cool, then ask for removal of those rewards from emboldened and we can talk about it again. For now, you're not adding anything new here, everything was already answered, you're just covering your ears and repeating what was already responded.

13 minutes ago, Quirin.1076 said:

All PvE content you can set your difficulty.

That's completely false, not sure what you're trying to make up here now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quirin.1076 said:

All PvE content you can set your difficulty. Emboldened Mode = Difficulty Mode

In fractals and strikes you have lower rewards for lower difficulty. In emboldened mode you have exatly the same rewards like in normal mode, and thats exactly why you have only 1wing per week. Noone here is saying that lower difficulty accessible all the time for raids would be bad thing, they would have to adjust rewards (remove LI and probably  half gold of normal mode). But of course you will argue with this because its not really about "friends that simply enjoy playing the game  and want to experience the story" but easy rewards that you are after.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Players selling raids are by far good enough to do so without emboldened. They've been doing it even before emboldened was introduced. They've been doing it since before the power creep cycles of EoD and SotO came around.

Your are literally making things up here. Lying will not make your argument seem in any way stronger.

Being intentionally oblivious and misrepresenting or intentionally mislabeling wording makes you seem desperate to make stuff up. The funneling happening is for inexperienced players and potentially training runs so that those players have a larger audience per week. This was explained multiple times alrdeay.

Yes and if the gold reward was the primary reward, you might have a point. Alas it is not.

Good on you, so have many others. You've already stated: you want this change to benefit a select group of your friends while not caring about how the entirety of the raid community is affected. Your statement that you do not care or are affected is not genuine.