For gift of magic/might is it best to buy T6 materials or upgrade T5 ones?

at these current t6 mat prices...,  I bought trophy shipments from raid vendor and sold the excess t5 and converted some cheap t5 to mystic curios.... then converted blood and totem t5 to t6 blood and t6 totems

u could get trophy shipments from a npc in chalon docs in istan for volatile magic

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 3:57 PM, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Depends on which materials. Some will be more or less worth it to upgrade, but others will lose you gold.

https://www.gw2lunchbox.com/MaterialUpgrades.html

Personally, I'd just buy or farm the t6 mats. Keep in mind you can buy t6 with laurels (heavy crafting bags) and Astral Acclaim (also heavy crafting bags).

Nice site.

I needed so many t4 mats for conflux and farming them was so boring so I bought them. And I see that it was a good choice xD

Somehow I'm always lacking the t3 and t4 mats more than the t6 mats (latter ones are just more expensive).

edit: The recipes are strange. I need 1 t6 material along with t4 mats to get the same t6 oO

Edited by Lucy.3728

18 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

edit: The recipes are strange. I need 1 t6 material along with t4 mats to get the same t6 oO

It's 1 T6 material and T5 materials, unless you are reading the recipes wrong.

The reason for the T5 material is likely to assure that this is the material desired to be upgraded, as well as tie T5 and T6 together. This way a player needs to place the same base material twice and won't accidentally upgrade the incorrect T5 material.

• Like 1