Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulet of the Chak lost in the mists - dev assist needed

This is now a dev team issue considering conventional means are unable to have a decent answer.

Please at least do more than reading half of it and supressing the post.

I had looted Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulet of the Chak (or what looked a lot like it) without knowing what it was and salvaged it probably like 10mn after having it.

It's been checked by customer service  from 2015 to 2020 and nothing was found.

I wrote an in-game bug report and forgot about it.

I read in map chat while doing Chak Gerent event about the change of loot and all came back.

Server EU - Jade Sea

Character: most likely Rakogast

Should be before christmas 2017.

1) Is it possible to check any kind of logs for my in-game bug reports (should be my first).

2) From this log with the date and time of item acquisition woukd you be able to reverse track the items generated by the chest and follow it?

Thanks.

• Confused 5

I can't speak for what gets logged exactly or when, only can speculate here that it is possible not to find evidence of it if you salvaged it like 10m after having it because you salvaged it before the state of your character was written to the database.

All I know is that a map change will trigger a state save, something I learned from a former Anet dev when he finally obtained his blue guardian raid mini.  So next time you find yourself with a high-value drop, please change maps.

Edited by Chaba.5410

I know that if it indeed was the valuable one, i did change map since it was salvaged in Lion's Arch.

I remember the celestial stats amulet with an extra used slot so it should be that one.

I'd just need an answer about is it possible for some devs to check one player in-game bug reports and go from there.

• Confused 2

I had looted one of the amulet during the HOT times and let it sit in my bag for a long time. 

In an effort to clean up toons bags decided to break all stuff down and this one item could not be broken down. I tried everything and all types of salvage tools.

You could not easily delete it either without spelling the item name out and choosing accept to destroy it. I know because I was one clik away from making it dissapear.

Out of curiosity I looked it up on the Wiki and hit the lottery, accepted that high cut the trading post took and never looked back.

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Looking at the API for this item, it does not include the flag, 'No Salvage'.  Thus, it would seem it can be salvaged (or could be prior to 2021). 

https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items?ids=73893&lang=en

Our data shows a significant percentage of Charged Quartz Orichalcum Amulets containing cosmetic upgrades are destroyed or salvaged with a kit that does not guarantee upgrade extraction, so to skip the middleman, the upgrades will now drop directly.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2021-12-14

Since it is an extremely rare drop not many people would have had my experience getting one that had the Chak Egg Sac, then trying to destroy and or salvage the item so the amulet would not have it noted in the Wiki since much of it is done by the players.

So just to reiterate. I got one and tried every salvage tool in the game to break it down and it would not let me.

• Sad 1

I read the notes you referenced. It makes a blanket statement about all six of the drops in the past either being deleted or salvaged. Maybee some of the other amulets could be salvaged but I can't speak to them because I never got one.

The original amulet that contained the Chak egg sac was an exotic with celestial stats and required the Mystic Forge to get the sac converted into an infusion. Salvage tools did not work because I tried them.

As I said it could be deleted but it gave you the warning about losing it and required you to type out the full name correctly to destroy it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Olaye.4106 said:

The original amulet that contained the Chak egg sac was an exotic with celestial stats and required the Mystic Forge to get the sac converted into an infusion. Salvage tools did not work because I tried them.

The necklace was salvageable, though. And people were accidentally salvaging it. That's why they removed the necklace + cosmetic upgrade item from the table and replaced it with just the cosmetic upgrade item.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Taendral.9251 said:

I'd really appreciate a hint for the possibility of retrieving the content of an in-game bug report.

Customer service don't have access to it.

I've been told to post it here to get help from devs.

Sad to say this but it a slim chance you will get any more help here then what you already got from support mate.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Taendral.9251 said:

I'd really appreciate a hint for the possibility of retrieving the content of an in-game bug report.

Customer service don't have access to it.

I've been told to post it here to get help from devs.

Devs sometimes read here, but don't expect any response.  It's not really their job. 

Honestly, IDK why CS would suggest you could get help from devs here.  This is where you post to open a public discussion on an issue.  Usually what happens is a wide-spread bug occurs with a patch and Rubi responds to the most pressing issues, letting us know that she'll see what's up.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Devs sometimes read here, but don't expect any response.  It's not really their job.

I'm trying to reach human beings that are actually able to do more than only one task, not bots.

Who's job will it be then?

Customer service can't have access to bug reports and the search they performed isn't enough.

It was a faulty way of attributing loot which is the reason it's been changed.

Why wasn't it extensively searched, after correcting it, on accounts that were active in the times were those items were in-game? (While offline at non peak activity time i mean there's gotta be a way.)

Why would it have be one more time to the people playing and paying for the game to ask for the real end correction of a crappy way to attribute loot?

The way I see it, job's been half done.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The CS Team suggests to anyone that has an issue they can not solve to post on the forums where the Devs may read.  It doesn't guarantee a response (especially from a Dev that can do something about it) for any individual issue.

You can, however, update your Support Ticket and ask to have the issue escalated to a Senior Team Member.

Good luck.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1