Skyscale aka Failscale - Create a skill for "Grapple"

I would say the Skyscale is the most useful and useless mount simultaneously. Why? Grapple! Because there is no specific key assigned to this annoying ability, your Skyscale will grab EVERY pixel in sight and charge the leap ability! -.-

Please, can we have a dedicated button for the grapple ability? This would make it USEFUL and not an ANNOYANCE! I'm honestly fed up of flying near something, and my Skyscale randomly grabbing onto it, and wasting my endurance on a 'leap' I didn't want or need. It's a simple quality-of-life request, that would greatly improve the mount.

• Like 6
  • Confused 11

A button instead of the automatic? Given the choice, I prefer it as it is - it works really well with the auto grab and is much more intuitive.

This was discussed at the time of the original skyscale launch and I think I remember many preferring it not having a button assigned. There was also a developer video about the mount which might have given more context on why it’s this way.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

A toggle for manual grapple and then set a key?  

Remember back when flying mounts automatically got sucked into leyline paths?

I would have no issue with that since it wouldn’t affect me. 

Also, I never turned off the auto leyline function. Breaking out just requires a spin so I left it as it was. I could see how the option could be replicated here though

• Like 1
  • Sad 1