The Crystal Dragon extreme screen shaking

At the end of the "The Crystal Dragon" story instance, the screen was shaking so extremely that I am actually feeling dizzy right now. This must be a bug. And if it's intentional, it should still be changed.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Have you tried turning off camera shake?

I didn't know about this option but there was no UI at the very end and it was more rotation than shaking, not sure if you can turn that off? When you walk slowly at the end, it rotates up and down constantly. At least it did for me.

I've looked up a video and there was slight shaking there, but it was nowhere near as extreme as for me. I could barely see where I was going.

Edit: I filmed a short video with my phone, watch on your own risk:

Edited by Magogan.1607
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Magogan.1607 said:

At the end of the "The Crystal Dragon" story instance, the screen was shaking so extremely that I am actually feeling dizzy right now. This must be a bug. And if it's intentional, it should still be changed.

Yes its a very old intermittent bug that has been there since that episode was released.

As the person above has mentioned there is a checkbox to turn camera shake on and off, its in the otions settings, which you should be able to open it by pressing the F11 key if there is no on screen interface.

This may sort it out but its such a long time since I've done it I cannot remember if it did.

The shaking camera happened to me on two occassions with different characters and was that bad I restarted the game and did the mission again. The effect was nauseating.

A thread was created in March 2023
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/128842-bug-the-crystal-dragon-insane-camera-shake-bug-that-persists-unless-swopping-characters-or-exiting-the-game-spoilers/#comment-1868617

@Rubi Bayer.8493 did reply in the thread and stated that she had brought it to the attention of the Developers. It looks like the bug is still there.

Edited by Andy.5981