1 person to tap a keep.

On 5/2/2024 at 1:42 PM, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Good concept but doesn't work as long as stealth is so much stronger than revealed. Which is a whole other debate for countless other threads. 😅

More that a thief built to actually kill things isn't catching a tapper spec, either (most people change builds to some kind of tank for this purpose), and even the glassiest, one-shottiest thief spec lacks the damage to drop it instantly as well, and then still immediately gets outran regardless with huge cooldowns to recover.

My thief had 4k power and almost 270 crit damage and would maybe bring a proper bunker to 1/3 before it heals due to WvW damage nerfs on the assassination burst combos, nerfs to skill coefficients, and gutting of Assassin's Signet.

Y'aint killing it unless is makes a misplay or you bring minimum of 2 people.

8 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

More that a thief built to actually kill things isn't catching a tapper spec, either (most people change builds to some kind of tank for this purpose), and even the glassiest, one-shottiest thief spec lacks the damage to drop it instantly as well, and then still immediately gets outran regardless with huge cooldowns to recover.

My thief had 4k power and almost 270 crit damage and would maybe bring a proper bunker to 1/3 before it heals due to WvW damage nerfs on the assassination burst combos, nerfs to skill coefficients, and gutting of Assassin's Signet.

Y'aint killing it unless is makes a misplay or you bring minimum of 2 people.

That's a good point too. On top of being able to catch a thief optimized for stealth and mobility, they often run tanky sets if they are just tapping.

Let me spin this another direction for a second to add in some perspective in regards to revolving populations over a skirmish or across one skirmish to another skirmish. Going to use EBG in this example to paint the picture. If all three sides have WPs in their keeps. Its an equal run to SMC. If one side deploys a tapper then the side tapped has a longer run back. If that side holds SMC it is a positive tactic to delay them. If the side that holds SMC wants to slow the attack they also can employee the same tactic.  If a side doesn't hold SMC and doesn't want the party that is attacking to have it either, they can tap the attacking side to slow their attack giving their side more options to engage either the side that holds SMC somewhere else or to allow themselves time to catch their own breath and clean up their own third. If a side has lower population then another tapping a keep gives the side with less more options to slow travel, again giving themselves more time to deal with being underpopulated in a skirmish. Tapping may be annoying but it can be a useful tactic to employee as well. This is one where I will say be careful for what you ask for and look at it from many sides versus just annoying. And if you have never been a tapper, go and fill the role for a bit to see how it can be used and for what purposes.

Posted (edited)

The fact that you are aware that 1 person can tap a keep, puts you at great advantage since you can do it yourself. What is next? Removing single player being able to flip camps or kill dolyaks?

Overall, it is important that a single player can do important tasks as it creates a gap between good and bad players. Anyone can try to stand on tag with a metabuild, but can they leave the tag and still be useful?

I wouldn't mess around waypoint contesting too much, since obviously the distances between objectives  were calculated when WvW maps were created. Is it annoying? Yes. But don't forget that in the past keeps took several times longer to upgrade and at least you have a waypoint for enemy to contest now.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2024 at 9:12 AM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

This is the kind of complaint that confused Anet that made them change stuffs that doesn't need to be the change , and then the forum exploded into a non recoverable state of whining about that changed that was unnecessary, while the resources is pulled to attend to stupid stuffs like this, than another person whine about another non issues and that vicious cycle just keep spinning - dampener, disruptor, moving nodes around making ring smaller/bigger meanwhile if you can prevent me flying on my skyscale to a jumping puzzle why can't you stop people exploiting into enemy structures? For the love of the game let them do their job 😜 

Did not have time to read the whole threat. But there are plenty of jumping puzzles that you can skip or partialy skip with mounts. Bunny is one of the best as you can get above a no mount zone then drop in. I can only imagine how much easier it is for skscales.

38 minutes ago, Alabastrum.9361 said:

Did not have time to read the whole threat. But there are plenty of jumping puzzles that you can skip or partialy skip with mounts. Bunny is one of the best as you can get above a no mount zone then drop in. I can only imagine how much easier it is for skscales.

So you agree they should fix the spots where players can exploit into structures versus worry about node locations?