unplayable rating differencce

6 hours ago, Leafstorm.1349 said:

You would ironically still get a -40 in gold 3. The rating system that is currently in place no longer works for this game. It needs to be revised and maybe be based on % rates or something. 

I was being facetious like that Wendy's meme, but yeah I 100% agree with you and Endo lol. This isn't the same match quality we had back in February, or last year for that matter. New games have released and PvP players have quit. That's just the by-product of an older MMO game.

The ELO system needs a dramatic upgrade. Losing -20 or more just because the enemy team farmed your low rated players better than you could farm theirs, honestly shouldn't happen.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

he said legit, 0/10 wins is NOT legit

I'm curious about the extent of how bad "bad luck" can get you. People grieve and quit after the first mid wipe, people never join games, etc.... sure, low Gold1 or Gold2 because Placement matches were trash. BUT you should still not land lower than G1 even when performing the bare mechanical map plays, right?

Perhaps a person thinks they're better than a thief when they're just a core warrior, using 2 out of 3 skill trees, just running around decapping a node and avoiding players. Silver 1 after placements right? They start asking questions, realize they didn't even use traits, finds a meta'ish build, hits silver 3 or Gold1 during the season...

But Bronze 1-2 during MID season = literally turning your screen every 3 seconds and hitting 2 abilities. They play in first person mode. They stare at minimap for 10 seconds to see where to go, but then get sidetrack about a NCSoft game notification on their Apple tablet that has Play Doh in the charging port, while their mom is asking what kind of happy meal they'd like from McDonalds at 11:45PM. They go afk for 6 minutes before realizing they're in a map. This continues for 50 games straight.

Bronze 1 - 2 are bots, or 4yo's that somehow get farmed by bot throwaway accounts.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I'm curious about the extent of how bad "bad luck" can get you. People grieve and quit after the first mid wipe, people never join games, etc.... sure, low Gold1 or Gold2 because Placement matches were trash. BUT you should still not land lower than G1 even when performing the bare mechanical map plays, right?

Perhaps a person thinks they're better than a thief when they're just a core warrior, using 2 out of 3 skill trees, just running around decapping a node and avoiding players. Silver 1 after placements right? They start asking questions, realize they didn't even use traits, finds a meta'ish build, hits silver 3 or Gold1 during the season...

But Bronze 1-2 during MID season = literally turning your screen every 3 seconds and hitting 2 abilities. They play in first person mode. They stare at minimap for 10 seconds to see where to go, but then get sidetrack about a NCSoft game notification on their Apple tablet that has Play Doh in the charging port, while their mom is asking what kind of happy meal they'd like from McDonalds at 11:45PM. They go afk for 6 minutes before realizing they're in a map. This continues for 50 games straight.

Bronze 1 - 2 are bots, or 4yo's that somehow get farmed by bot throwaway accounts.

I almost won a game yesterday 490-500. I was on guard and wanted to switch fast on a support build, but I clicked the wrong tab last second.... .

So I ended up with 0 abilities , 0 traits selected, which was kittened up mistake. But I had still 3 revives mid combat, 135k healing somehow to support 😂😅

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I once had a similar mistake on my revenant when I switched to herald. I forgot to put glint stance, so I only had shiro stance 😅. But we won that one 😁

I did that mistake with weapons once, and ended up playing core ele glass with hammer.  It was a forgetable game to put it lightly 😜.

10 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

In my experiance, the most AFK quitting happens from around 300-50, people just seem to realise its an unlikely turn around, that kind of gap doesnt happen withought being destroyed on every group fight. It actually seems to be the "more experianced" players who go afk (not the same as skill), and if you take the time to look you can see why, one guy just feeding mid 3v1, and another guy getting +1d every single time on far, then bragging how he held off 2 people for 20 seconds. You can't win games like that, the newer/less inclined players doing the feeding are actually enjoying it, which is why you need a lock MMR so they can all end up in the same elo together, until they learn otherwise. If not, and they enjoy that style, fair enough.. they can say in lower elo, everybody wins.

Then at true gold 3 ish, most people have a good idea of how to play their spec role, where to go on the map etc. The problem in that case is P2+ are simply far better at all of it.

I cannot understand why elos are not locked, their are way to many benefits to it than drawbacks. Most plat players are only playing minimum games, that alone is halfing the plat playerbase to get a game in the current system. With locked elo, I do think more gold3's would make it into p1 who play regularly. Moreover, locked elo means Q dodging is a lot less effective, so their is less insentive to do it = more games on peak. The game should not be choked out with this MMR just to please a hand full of the top rating plats, who are nothing short of cowards, frightened to lose titles and ipeen.

For me its not even that important to win. My game is fun if 1: People work as a team, which includes things like making an effort to pick team mates up, peel, or show any inclination you are on a team, and not living in a Boyce roaming fantasy, where you are the main chacrictor who has to carry the peasents into civilisation.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I once had a similar mistake on my revenant when I switched to herald. I forgot to put glint stance, so I only had shiro stance 😅. But we won that one 😁

Once played FA weaver with a sword. Glassy but classy. If you connect anything in melee range it dies, but you die more.

Posted (edited)

this is so bad, rated top100(g3 this season) matched with a team, started the match with 2 people going home together and 2v1ing, one of them is healer

and another one rush straight to lord alone, and he as a necro also completely avoids all fights, running around to cap empty points..

that's already 3 people starting with like low silver strat.. and get a -17 mid season as a not-bloated-rating also shows how far apart the ratings were.

i've never get a team with this many players doing the most random kitten ever, yea you get players not performing before, but at least people know the basics

how is this playable...anet needs to decrease the rating needed to be matched together..or else quick queue time won't be a positive at all..

and that was like a 2 mins queue

Edited by Lighter.5631

11 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

... started the match with 2 people going home together and 2v1ing, one of them is healer

and another one rush straight to lord alone, and he as a necro also completely avoids all fights, running around to cap empty points..

This can be either a bronze or high level leg. play

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 10:22 AM, Flowki.7194 said:

I did that mistake with weapons once, and ended up playing core ele glass with hammer.  It was a forgetable game to put it lightly 😜.

In my experiance, the most AFK quitting happens from around 300-50, people just seem to realise its an unlikely turn around, that kind of gap doesnt happen withought being destroyed on every group fight. It actually seems to be the "more experianced" players who go afk (not the same as skill), and if you take the time to look you can see why, one guy just feeding mid 3v1, and another guy getting +1d every single time on far, then bragging how he held off 2 people for 20 seconds. You can't win games like that, the newer/less inclined players doing the feeding are actually enjoying it, which is why you need a lock MMR so they can all end up in the same elo together, until they learn otherwise. If not, and they enjoy that style, fair enough.. they can say in lower elo, everybody wins.

Then at true gold 3 ish, most people have a good idea of how to play their spec role, where to go on the map etc. The problem in that case is P2+ are simply far better at all of it.

I cannot understand why elos are not locked, their are way to many benefits to it than drawbacks. Most plat players are only playing minimum games, that alone is halfing the plat playerbase to get a game in the current system. With locked elo, I do think more gold3's would make it into p1 who play regularly. Moreover, locked elo means Q dodging is a lot less effective, so their is less insentive to do it = more games on peak. The game should not be choked out with this MMR just to please a hand full of the top rating plats, who are nothing short of cowards, frightened to lose titles and ipeen.

For me its not even that important to win. My game is fun if 1: People work as a team, which includes things like making an effort to pick team mates up, peel, or show any inclination you are on a team, and not living in a Boyce roaming fantasy, where you are the main chacrictor who has to carry the peasents into civilisation.

For the most part this comment is about unranked, so a lot of what is written in semantics, shouldn't really be expected.

Agreed. This part: the most AFK quitting happens from around 300-50 type of games- it's usually game over at this point. Rarely have I seen a comeback, it has happened, but it's rare. Either you can continue to feed the kills to end game faster or wait out the end of the game. Also, the players that keep running into 1v3+ out of spawn while 2-3 team members are on respawn timers doesn't make it easier. Consensus is to wait at spawn until team respawns, so no snowball / scatter is happening, but given unranked random matches, don't see this too often and not really an expectation. Although I have seen players that know a wipe -> wait -> reset can turn the tide around, coming back from a big point difference to winning the game. There's just a lot of semantics / mechanics that are required for a great unranked not teaming up queue match to happen. They do happen at times 450-500 type games, etc.

Semantics being:

-Comp/builds vs Comp/Builds

-Coordinated target pressure

-When/how to peel

-When to rotate points

-Cooldown management

-When to chase/not chase + getting the kill + leaving player in down state so time to respawn is longer

-Cleave downed players / your downed teammates (enemies trying to stomp) vs when to rez/stomp

-Paying attention to match up numbers per point / who should rotate to support skirmish

-Paying attention to the downstate / kill notifications above the mini map so can keep track of enemy numbers

-Paying attention to your team, knowing when they are about to die, as not to run into an outmatched skirmish and die too.

-^ Same, but paying attention to respawn timers

-Plus more, that's just off top of my head. 

-Gambler

Edited by Billionaire.5607

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Billionaire.5607 said:

For the most part this comment is about unranked, so a lot of what is written in semantics, shouldn't really be expected.

Agreed. This part: the most AFK quitting happens from around 300-50 type of games- it's usually game over at this point. Rarely have I seen a comeback, it has happened, but it's rare. Either you can continue to feed the kills to end game faster or wait out the end of the game. Also, the players that keep running into 1v3+ out of spawn while 2-3 team members are on respawn timers doesn't make it easier. Consensus is to wait at spawn until team respawns, so no snowball / scatter is happening, but given unranked random matches, don't see this too often and not really an expectation. Although I have seen players that know a wipe -> wait -> reset can turn the tide around, coming back from a big point difference to winning the game. There's just a lot of semantics / mechanics that are required for a great unranked not teaming up queue match to happen. They do happen at times 450-500 type games, etc.

Semantics being:

-Comp/builds vs Comp/Builds

-Coordinated target pressure

-When/how to peel

-When to rotate points

-Cooldown management

-When to chase/not chase + getting the kill + leaving player in down state so time to respawn is longer

-Cleave downed players / your downed teammates (enemies trying to stomp) vs when to rez/stomp

-Paying attention to match up numbers per point / who should rotate to support skirmish

-Paying attention to the downstate / kill notifications above the mini map so can keep track of enemy numbers

-Paying attention to your team, knowing when they are about to die, as not to run into an outmatched skirmish and die too.

-^ Same, but paying attention to respawn timers

-Plus more, that's just off top of my head. 

-Gambler

Yeah these are all hard skills to learn, and all the more reason not to be putting seasoned players in the same games as more novice/average level players, ranked or unranked. Im currently in g1 and its judt pointless +7 wins and losses as much as -19. I really do not give a kitten about winning or losing.. but +7 wins I go afk half the time, the enemey are so much below my skill level its actually not fun or fair to kill them. Equally on the flip side, being farmed by a fotm plat duo in g1? Great, wp Anet, fun and competitive gaming.

The only close games I had this season were becuase both teams were so unorganised, everything was continually being capped and decaped in a state of chaos, no defense at all, 8 players all holding down W, and zerging w/e point wasnt capped. I would love it if silver and below had only 1 point, gold had 2 points, and plat had 3 points. I just don't think the 3 point system works at lower levels, its absolute chaos.

Edited by Flowki.7194