Legendary Weapon Starter Kit—Set 4 predictions

On 5/9/2024 at 3:00 AM, Gehenna.3625 said:

This not true. The Gen1 weapons who have not been featured in the Legendary Weapon Starter Kit are about the same on average. So those are equally lucrative. It's once they've been in the starter kit they start losing a lot of their value, which makes sense. But to say they are less lucrative because they have lost some of their luster is not true. SOME of them are less lucrative because of the starter kit.

I'll clarify that when I said luster, I meant that the novelty has worn off some. That's not to say that gen 1 legendaries are not worth making. Making Quip is not as impressive is making, say, Jormag's Argument. Given the state of fashion wars, yeah there is a difference in 'luster'. Either way I'm in favor of the price of gen 1 legendaries going down.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zera.9435 said:

I'll clarify that when I said luster, I meant that the novelty has worn off some. That's not to say that gen 1 legendaries are not worth making. Making Quip is not as impressive is making, say, Jormag's Argument. Given the state of fashion wars, yeah there is a difference in 'luster'. Either way I'm in favor of the price of gen 1 legendaries going down.

Fair enough, but the prices of Gen1 weapons are only less when they have featured in the starter kit. All the others are on par or above Gen3 weapons. For me, it's also fine that Gen1 is cheaper and frankly, when I checked the prices, I was surprised myself how Gen1 and Gen3 compared on the TP.

But without the starter kit they would've still been on par or above the prices of Gen3. For me, that's really just because of the material cost are roughly in the same ballpark. I'll be interested to find out whether or not they will continue doing this with the next expansion. If not, then Gen1 weapons will recover most likely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I hope for a Nevermore starter kit.

Although not impossible, it's extremely unlikely that they will put Gen2 weapons in the starter kit. And there are various reasons for this (Gen2 requiring an expansion, bypassing collections, etc.). At the same time also note that they cost roughly 1000 gold more to make and most of that comes from the mystic tribute, which is what's left to make. That alone has a value of 1650 gold (gw2efficiency), This would also make the mystic coins (of which you need 499 or 250 if you have the clovers) more expensive on the TP as mystic coins would be in higher demand. 

So all in all, they would still be very expensive. 1650 gold by itself, to put it into perspective, is more than the gold cost for both Gen1 and Gen3 weapons (around 1300-1400 gold) and since the price of mystic coins will rise if they did this you can probably add 100 gold or more to the cost. So like I said, it's not impossible but it's also not very probable.

And that's not even talking about bypassing a journey for a number of them, making the acquisition of them more meaningful (imo) and Nevermore happens to be one of those. So I hope they never will put Gen2 weapons in the starter kit.

• Like 2