AFK farmers for 07/05/2024, how is the topic?

I just stepped into the underwater inquist place in Bloodtide coast and... again. Full of farmers, iddle, spamming automatic aoe attacks, same exact place I found more farmers some months ago.

What is nowadays aspect of this topic? Are they legal? Do we have to report them? How? I reported them, but only option that seemed valid was "use of bots", and is not exactly that... there is not "afk farm" option. I did not like not seeing an option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Same as always: if they're genuinely AFK, and especially if they're using software or something to automate playing, they can be banned, but if they respond to checks or otherwise prove they're at least present then it's allowed. There's no way for you to know which it is, so all you can do is report anyone you suspect is AFK farming or botting and let Anet sort them out.

I saw someone in that exact spot recently who I assumed was AFK farming (on NA and it was about 4am in America, so only 1 person there) but then he sent me a whisper asking about my ranger's pet, so he was obviously paying enough attention to see me swimming around doing the event.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DarkK.7368 said:

But what option do you mark to report?

Forget, the report option on this game and nothing is the same thing. We never saw botters teleporting and farming keys on DS in the past being banned why we will see AFKs farmers being punished?

• Confused 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, sumpwa.1849 said:

You have a moral obligation to grief afk farmers. I like going to Kourna and kiting the champion sand sharks to the farming spot under the tree

Hey that's a good idea! I'm gonna check next time if there is any champion nearby!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

If they are only using 1 account

Are not AFK, can respond to GM

Then I don't see the problem

As far as I understand it's not very good gold per hour anyway

Seems far worse though if they are using sofware to play multiple accounts at once

Then I'm not a fan

Don't really see why this is allowed in the first place

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1