Ally targeting abilities

Cuks.8241

Ally targeting just doesn't work well in this game. How dmg and healing in PVE work doesn't really require ally targeting and big spike single target heals. And there is even less need for it in latest PVE content which is funny because we are getting more and more of it and no content where it would be needed. Pvp I guess it's a nice new concept for the game but I doubt many would miss it.

In addition the UI is just not up to par with it and general visual clutter doesn't help.

Now I wouldn't just remove it completely (I wouldnt cry over it though). I'm sure there are some players that find it fun and employ it with great success. It can be kept as a high skill niche. 

What I propose is that in PVE ally target abilities are automatically cast on lowest hp ally (party/squad priorities apply). It doesn't even need to target it, just cast. Now since all of these abilities are actually 2 abilities (depending on the enemy/ally target) there are options how to implement it.

Easiest is that it casts both abilities if enemy is targeted. One on the enemy and one on lowest hp ally (enemy is targeted all the time). It might be OP but I don't think it would be that OP. It can still be balanced.

Second option is that it only auto casts on ally if you have no target (still easier than targeting allies).

The manual ally targeting would still work. You can still save that one guy over there or play your 450 apm build.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Ally targeting was made for skills like ele water staff auto and Druid staff 1+2.

Here it makes perfect sense to have it as an option. As having the need for an enemy to be present for the skills to do their job(properly) is dumb game design. 

It being the main idea on skills just doesn't work. 

Leave it as an option. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

They wanted a basic UI and gameplay that has the player focused on the action rather than on UI elements.  The problem is that makes it pretty difficult to use targeted support skills.  If we had to rely on these types of skills primarily the way they do in other MMOs, the UI would be completely inadequate to handle it.  But that's how they want it.  

• Like 1