Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Please work in a big combat refinement.

Since weapons were decoupled from elite specs there are lots of inconsistencies that need to br addressed. For example, the engineer sword is the only weapon that interacts with the heat mechanic of the holosmith.

Weapons and traits need to be revisited with the goal of refining and harmonising their interactions given the major change in the fundamental design of combat.

• Like 1

@Avelione.6075 I highly suggest you delete your comment or at least the name of the website in your comment. What you are doing is advertising yourself. 

Also: this is not the correct topic to ask that question. Better would be "players helping players" or something similar. And even better than opening a forum post is to reach out to the support with a ticket and have information such as guild leader, name of the guild, etc.

Homestead QoL:

• Allow our fox from Sun's Refuge to be in our homestead and play with the snow leopard cub if we've got it.
  • Ideas for foliage additions:
    • Green grass
    • Frosted grass
    • The varying plants in Transcendant Bay and near Nimbose Butte
    • Several of the flowers, ivy, and ferns in Sun's Refuge cave with the cache
    • Lotus from Lily of Elon but actual plants
    • Ivy from Lily of Elon
  • Lotus from Lily of Elon but not real plants
  • The cloth from Lily of Elon
  • More items like the Worn Pillar but walls (I'm already at 500+ items cause of so many pillars)
  • Movable waypoint. It does say "Homestead Waypoint 01" so I assume there are more locations.
  • Option to turn on/off all lights automaticaally or at least at the bear
  • Ability to set your snow leopard cub to "sit" so it can stay in one place.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Terrorangel.1526 said:

@Avelione.6075 I highly suggest you delete your comment or at least the name of the website in your comment. What you are doing is advertising yourself. 

Also: this is not the correct topic to ask that question. Better would be "players helping players" or something similar. And even better than opening a forum post is to reach out to the support with a ticket and have information such as guild leader, name of the guild, etc.

This is not a job for players to solve. We don't have power to remove a scamming guild from the game -_- Besides, reporting a guild's name should've been an option at least 5 years ago. Also, you can submit a ticket to the support yourself. It's not my job to to a GW2 admin's job. My post is showing a potentially bigger problem here. And if someone has not enough common sense to go and check that website themselves that is not my responsibility either. I have life and I don't have strength or time to submit tickets with every issue that shows up in the game (and there are plenty!)

And here it's one way to give the name of the offending guild and also, to actually warn those who have enough common sense and hopefully alarm ANet of an exploit! Hwllo ! ANet!

Hello,

May I request a back hair bow helmet skin or a hairstyle that has a hair bow? We have forehead helmet skins already so the hair bow helmet could be coded to attach to the back of the head. We spend a lot of time looking at the back of our character's head so if others would like this request, please feel free to like or add on.

Example: can't attach images so you can image search for inspiration

Thank you,

Light

• Like 1

An option so your land weapons are visible while underwater. Change nothing about gameplay, same skills, same animations, same effects, everything. Just a checkbox to REMOVE the model of my trident and show instead my sword/focus pretty please. It would visually work for a lot of weapon combinations, and for those who don't, who cares, let the person decide. I NEED ground/water visual consistency, pretty please. Even if just the models.

We got consistency for the helmet and I'm SUPER HAPPY I can use my land helmet underwater. Now I only need the weapons to be totally happy.

Edited by DarkK.7368

1) An Alliance Battle 15v15v15 mode (pre-made max party queue of 5 per server), Hall of Heroes, or GvG. I think we're all getting tired of the community driven content mode of WVW TBH and a game driven group content mode like the one's that existed in GW1 is preferred. Personally, Alliance Battles in GW1 was awesome. You really couldn't guild stack an instance and it was PVP affecting PVE map control (what New World screwed to implement). I know many in my guild were highly disappointed that the new PVP is a payload push map which is very MOBA or Overwatchish.

2) REMOVE WVW / PVP COMBAT MOVEMENT SLOW. I can't tell you how many times it's just used to player grief in WVW / PVP. I watch people getting targeted and then picked off in WVW all the time from it. I understand it's place in PVE to stop people from getting away from mobs but in PVP it's purely used to player grief. The player has no control over this mechanic while in PVE you do have control over it by not fighting. It's really an old MMO mechanic that existed in video games in the early 2000's.

3) NO MORE MAPS!! I like the rotating seasonal and special events. I honestly don't think we need more maps at all! It spreads the community out greatly making event completion in other zones near impossible. Special events in the zones with increased rewards!!

4)Astral store, we need MORE INVENTORY UPGRADES. This game is super pay2win in the inventory management side and we really could use at least one of each account upgrade in the Astral store every quarterly upgrade. The main one that people really need is bag slots, so giving us even 1 isn't too much to ask quarterly. The inventory management stress is what drives people away from the game! Let me repeat that, THE INVENTORY MANAGEMENT STRESS IS WHAT DRIVES PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE GAME!! NOT THE GAMEPLAY!! Let's not be stingy Anet!

5) Map creation / editor mode.
Similar to Warcraft 3, Fortnite, or Core where people can create their own map content and games to play with their existing characters. This would be cool! Imagine people creating their own GVG, AB, HoH, DoTA/ MOBA, or raids!

Edited by Merica Madman.4695