Motion sickness is back?

With the SOTO finale, I noticed in the final meta area I got really nauseous . I play conservatively 5 to 6 hours a day off and on for the last 12 years (started in open beta, and never got my ballcap Anet >.< ) Only had one issue like this, turned off camera shake on mounts, good to go. Now.. a few minutes after logging in, even wandering around the Wiz tower.. I have to log out. Weird right? Okay lil background, I'm 65 (groan) and I've played games since text adventures were the vogue. I looked through the settings, nothing jumped out me (Oh I'm a programmer/IT person soooo). 

Ideas?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You're not alone, at least. The Spider's Lair meta triggers my motion sickness bigtime, particularly all the stairs and then the quality in the final boss of it. I haven't experienced it nearly as much anywhere else since the patch, though. I don't really have any helpful advice, I'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

With the SOTO finale, I noticed in the final meta area I got really nauseous . I play conservatively 5 to 6 hours a day off and on for the last 12 years (started in open beta, and never got my ballcap Anet >.< ) Only had one issue like this, turned off camera shake on mounts, good to go. Now.. a few minutes after logging in, even wandering around the Wiz tower.. I have to log out. Weird right? Okay lil background, I'm 65 (groan) and I've played games since text adventures were the vogue. I looked through the settings, nothing jumped out me (Oh I'm a programmer/IT person soooo). 

Ideas?

Try lowering your color saturation. Not all the way down, but make it more subdued. That worked for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed a little of the same, probably due to an older computer. FPS and control responsiveness drop through the floor, every camera movement takes a fraction of a second, and sometimes hitches then snaps to the new position. It's rough and a little nauseating in story, let alone this tomato soup of a meta.

I'm glad we didn't have to fight anything in the reliquary room, it would have been impossible. I was having flashbacks to playing Quake over dialup.

Expansions? Great. Gemstore? Sure. A couple thou on a new system?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Rumpus.1234 said:

I noticed a little of the same, probably due to an older computer. FPS and control responsiveness drop through the floor, every camera movement takes a fraction of a second, and sometimes hitches then snaps to the new position. It's rough and a little nauseating in story, let alone this tomato soup of a meta.

I'm glad we didn't have to fight anything in the reliquary room, it would have been impossible. I was having flashbacks to playing Quake over dialup.

Expansions? Great. Gemstore? Sure. A couple thou on a new system?

Yeah I hear ya. My laptop runs the game pretty well. 12th Gen i7. And it seems to run the game fine. Nothing against Anet but the game is 12 years old and rumor has it the engine is from gw1. So buying a new system for a game that long in the tooth, dunno.. would be a hard sell..

• Confused 1