Should Main Characters in Guild Wars 2 Receive a Complete Texture and Polygon QA Revamp?

Should Main Characters in Guild Wars 2 Receive a Complete Texture and Polygon QA Revamp?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that the main characters in Guild Wars 2 should receive a complete texture and polygon QA revamp to ensure visual consistency, enhance immersion, maintain a competitive edge, satisfy player demands, and extend the game's longevity?

• Yes, a revamp is necessary for visual consistency and immersion.
    • No, the current graphics are satisfactory.
    • I'm undecided, but I see the potential benefits.
    • I have another opinion (please comment below).

Just add basic mod support to swap out textures and meshes so community art monkeys can create replacement assets for people to apply on their own ends, which usually culminates into a "4k rez replacement texure mod" or "tig ol' bitties" etc.

The game is over 10 years old on an old engine with fewer resources. They should focus on content and balance.

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, TIM.3064 said:

Just add basic mod support to swap out textures and meshes so community art monkeys can create replacement assets for people to apply on their own ends, which usually culminates into a "4k rez replacement texure mod" or "tig ol' bitties" etc.

The game is over 10 years old on an old engine with fewer resources. They should focus on content and balance.

Unfortunately modding like that (Which would be possible in ESO and is possible in FF14 due to how they have the character bodies set up), isn't wholly possible in GW2 because every single body selection available to you in the character editor is a whole new body with unique textures and meshing around the same animation skeleton.  It's not just modifying skeleton bones.  Someone tried this back in 2014 (? I think it was then, might have been earlier or later, but it was a long time ago).

• Sad 1