Maces need gap closers

Bunny.9834

I remember the days prior to the 2020 patch when both hammer and mace damage on warrior felt  a tiny bit enjoyable at least from a core warrior aspect. Barely can even get adrenaline from the new trait anymore either way  since stability appears to be unremovable anymore. But I mean at least we got a stick now...

Rev Mace is just a small little "step" in the direction. Hardly a gap closer.

Meanwhile Ranger's Mace be like LOL 450 range LEAP. PLUS STUN PLUS PROT PLUS DAMAGE BUFF PLUS INCREASED HEALTH PLUS STABILITY PLUS SKILL REFRESH LOL SO BALANCED

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

main hand is basically hard carried by skullgrinder in terms of making it a viable weapon choice

but off-hand is yeesh
tho i will say crushing blow has a surprisingly high coefficient and it's kinda funny even tho impale/rip are still higher

i was really hoping weapons as a whole would get a look over across the entire game with weaponmaster training releasing, maybe with underwater weapons coming to land

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

so is hammer. earth shaker doesnt count as you need to hit enemy to gain adrenaline to get access to it..

Yeah, don't get me started on that one. 

Warrior: Backbreaker 

cast time: 1s

cool down: 25s

knockdown: 4s

targets: 1

range: 130

Ranger (Untamed): 

cast time: 3/4s

cool down: 20s 

knockdown: 2s 

targets: 5

range: 600

These base stats alone show you the imbalance in treatment.  

3 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

main hand is basically hard carried by skullgrinder in terms of making it a viable weapon choice

but off-hand is yeesh
tho i will say crushing blow has a surprisingly high coefficient and it's kinda funny even tho impale/rip are still higher

i was really hoping weapons as a whole would get a look over across the entire game with weaponmaster training releasing, maybe with underwater weapons coming to land

I would go a little further that Melee in general for warriors needs a HARD look. The current meta (pvp) is impossible to deal with Melee. Warrior's "heavy" armor status means nothing at this point when you fight very punishing range classes. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bunny.9834 said:

Yeah, don't get me started on that one. 

Warrior: Backbreaker 

cast time: 1s

cool down: 25s

knockdown: 4s

targets: 1

range: 130

Ranger (Untamed): 

cast time: 3/4s

cool down: 20s 

knockdown: 2s 

targets: 5

range: 600

These base stats alone show you the imbalance in treatment.  

The ridiculous discrepancies between ranger and warrior were literally one of the reasons I stopped playing a year ago.

There are so many examples of balance discrepancies like the one you pointed out--and in all of them, warrior gets the short stick.  Eg., Prelude lash vs snap pull, point blank shot vs pin down, etc.  It's like whoever balanced ranger used a completely different ruleset than what warrior uses. 

And it's not just ranger. Warrior-Rev,  warrior-guardian, or warrior -necro comparisons are also pretty one-sided against the warrior. 

It's so bad, in fact, that the only way warrior gets to be viable is having a few hilariously OP gimmicks that carry its whole kit. Examples include: full counter, berserker invuln spam +skull grinder, Bladesworn healing + unblockable, unblindable CC that does damage.  These things understandably get whined about and then nerfed--and in bladesworn's case, gutted entirely.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

The ridiculous discrepancies between ranger and warrior were literally one of the reasons I stopped playing a year ago.

There are so many examples of balance discrepancies like the one you pointed out--and in all of them, warrior gets the short stick.  Eg., Prelude lash vs snap pull, point blank shot vs pin down, etc.  It's like whoever balanced ranger used a completely different ruleset than what warrior uses. 

And it's not just ranger. Warrior-Rev,  warrior-guardian, or warrior -necro comparisons are also pretty one-sided against the warrior. 

It's so bad, in fact, that the only way warrior gets to be viable is having a few hilariously OP gimmicks that carry its whole kit. Examples include: full counter, berserker invuln spam +skull grinder, Bladesworn healing + unblockable, unblindable CC that does damage.  These things understandably get whined about and then nerfed--and in bladesworn's case, gutted entirely.

Yeah I'm afraid it's only a matter of time until the ONE useful build for warrior will be gutted eventually and then back to 0. 

So use that Staff while it's good.