A small list of changes to Spellbreaker i would like to see.

Weapon Skills:

• Crushing Blow cooldown to 10s from 12s.
  • Disrupting Stab cooldown to 10s from 12s.
  • Imminent Threat cooldwon to 20s from 35s.
  • Bull´s Charge cooldown to 20s from 24s.

Explanation:

The reason to decrease the cooldown of Crushing Blow, Disrupting Stab and Bull´s Charge is to make it fit better into the rotation.

As 12s CDs mean you have to wait for the skills to go off CD before weapons swapping.

The change to Imminent Threat is so its playable in Openworld. So many synergies but 35s CD is to high to makes use of them.

Traits:

• Attackers Insight duration increased to 20s from 15s.
  • Merciless Hammer adrenaline gain to 10 from 7.

Explanation:

Quality of Life changes.

Increasing the adrenaline gain to 10 means we can always burst after a full counter.

The duration increase of Attackers Insight makes the Spellbreaker life a bit easier. If the Buff didnt give Crit Chance i maybe would care less, but dropping to below 100% Crit Chance because the boss moves of phases is kinda annoying.

Alacrity:

Make a trait that grants AoE Alacrity when you gain a stack of Attackers Insight.

The placement doesnt really matter. Because it would either clash with Pure Strike, S/M style or Magebane Tether.

So, like Berserker, we sacrefice Dps for the Boon.

5 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Weapon Skills:

• Crushing Blow cooldown to 10s from 12s.
  • Disrupting Stab cooldown to 10s from 12s.
  • Imminent Threat cooldwon to 20s from 35s.
  • Bull´s Charge cooldown to 20s from 24s.

Explanation:

The reason to decrease the cooldown of Crushing Blow, Disrupting Stab and Bull´s Charge is to make it fit better into the rotation.

As 12s CDs mean you have to wait for the skills to go off CD before weapons swapping.

The change to Imminent Threat is so its playable in Openworld. So many synergies but 35s CD is to high to makes use of them.

Traits:

• Attackers Insight duration increased to 20s from 15s.
  • Merciless Hammer adrenaline gain to 10 from 7.

Explanation:

Quality of Life changes.

Increasing the adrenaline gain to 10 means we can always burst after a full counter.

The duration increase of Attackers Insight makes the Spellbreaker life a bit easier. If the Buff didnt give Crit Chance i maybe would care less, but dropping to below 100% Crit Chance because the boss moves of phases is kinda annoying.

Point of interest here. I think the assumption from the balance team is that you are running Discipline for Burst Mastery, so that when you run Merciless Hammer you get that 10 Adrenaline.

5 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Alacrity:

Make a trait that grants AoE Alacrity when you gain a stack of Attackers Insight.

The placement doesnt really matter. Because it would either clash with Pure Strike, S/M style or Magebane Tether.

So, like Berserker, we sacrefice Dps for the Boon.

I'd put it on Slow Counter and then add caveats to Guard, Revenge, and Slow Counter that they apply their boons in an AoE upon using, read: not hitting with, FC.

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Point of interest here. I think the assumption from the balance team is that you are running Discipline for Burst Mastery, so that when you run Merciless Hammer you get that 10 Adrenaline.

Imagine running Disc on Power Spellbreaker. SMH

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 3:17 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'd put it on Slow Counter and then add caveats to Guard, Revenge, and Slow Counter that they apply their boons in an AoE upon using, read: not hitting with, FC.

Sucking speed from your enemies and giving it to your allies is very mesmer, and SB is W/Me.

I would be concerned about being able to get the FC to trigger reliably in instanced content, though, unless you really do mean that the boons are granted when FC is activated rather than when it triggers.

That would be turning things around a bit, though, since the alacrity is being applied first. Hrrrmn. When you Full Counter, you expel time to your allies, speeding up their recharge while creating a bubble of slowed time around yourself. You can accept that you can't do anything yourself for a couple of seconds until the time bubble dissipates on its own, but if an enemy strikes it, it bursts, exploding slowed time on your nearby enemies.

Nailed it!

Edited by draxynnic.3719

1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Sucking speed from your enemies and giving it to your allies is very mesmer, and SB is W/Me.

I would be concerned about being able to get the FC to trigger reliably in instanced content, though, unless you really do mean that the boons are granted when FC is activated rather than when it triggers.

That would be turning things around a bit, though, since the alacrity is being applied first. Hrrrmn. When you Full Counter, you expel time to your allies, speeding up their recharge while creating a bubble of slowed time around yourself. You can accept that you can't do anything yourself for a couple of seconds until the time bubble dissipates on its own, but if an enemy strikes it, it bursts, exploding slowed time on your nearby enemies.

Nailed it!

I did state for it to trigger on cast rather than hit with FC.