Should have built on the Home Instance instead

I mean, I'm not too crazy about housing but the housing we had, the Home Instance felt to me like a better system than other games. If not better at least much more familiar. I've actually developed the curiosity to explore these instances, talk to the people in them, the human and the charr one being my favorite, well the charr one cause it really feels like a place a guy who goes on action-adventures would use to set up his next expedition. Anyway, point is, I've grown attached to them. To improving them. You had a chance here to truly make the home instance feel like home. Why didn't you take it? Why add a house in a place I don't know or care about when you had that option? I'm not complaining, or trying not to, but I feel this is such a wasted opportunity and yeah, I'm aware it's way too late to change anything.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

The guild system was easy to extend to individual players.  In fact, it's a wonder it took so long for them to get around to this given the gem shop opportunities.  Perhaps we can hope for a little NPC interaction at some point in the future to make them seem more alive.  

In this next season pack, don't expect anything beyond what you currently do with guild halls (i.e. port/gather/decorate), but in theory the system could be expanded on and benefit both guilds and players alike which is a good thing. 

Edit I was just think of something, is there going to be any upgrade to the home instance portal device?  Have they thought of this? 

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Nemo.6295 said:

I mean, I'm not too crazy about housing but the housing we had, the Home Instance felt to me like a better system than other games. If not better at least much more familiar. I've actually developed the curiosity to explore these instances, talk to the people in them, the human and the charr one being my favorite, well the charr one cause it really feels like a place a guy who goes on action-adventures would use to set up his next expedition. Anyway, point is, I've grown attached to them. To improving them. You had a chance here to truly make the home instance feel like home. Why didn't you take it? Why add a house in a place I don't know or care about when you had that option? I'm not complaining, or trying not to, but I feel this is such a wasted opportunity and yeah, I'm aware it's way too late to change anything.

I would assume with how tied into story and older stuff it would have been way way way more work to do that than to just make a new location with the new setup? Also this way they could add new locations every year or so like we used to get guild halls but it applies to way more players and can be added on. Maybe next year you'll get an Asura themed one, then a Charr and so on wherever the expansions take place.

• Like 1

The Homesteads feature is unlocked and developed through an associated Mastery line as a place to express yourself, share space with your friends, and access nodes and unlockable resources from your personal story home instance.

My expectation is, that there will be areas in the Homestead that will be locked off from placing decorations and there unlocks from your home instance will appear, once you unlocked a mastery tier. The home instance probably is in-adaptable to host scribing/decoration objects, so they have created a new place (similar to a GH, just a bit smaller) that will copy upgrades from the home instance.

2 hours ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

I would assume with how tied into story and older stuff it would have been way way way more work to do that than to just make a new location with the new setup? Also this way they could add new locations every year or so like we used to get guild halls but it applies to way more players and can be added on. Maybe next year you'll get an Asura themed one, then a Charr and so on wherever the expansions take place.

Honestly I don't know how it would work, if it takes more work or less, I'll take your word for it. Still, I consider it a wasted opportunity because, for some people, like me, that's been the "home" and over time I collected a lot of stuff for it and it feels like I'm abandoning that for this. Feels wrong.

The trouble is the original home instances weren't built with this in mind, so in practice it would probably mean having to do some of the development for 5 different instances rather than one. 

I have a herd of different cats in my home instances so I hope they can all come across to the homestead somehow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1