Winterday balance patch

Galmac.4680

I hope that patch will redue some of condition´s power, and buff power in return because I really like power-reaper and dislike scourge, though I play scourge currently.

In any other game, where DoT-effects are available, the damage comes from having a lots of stacks over time.Actually, a DoT should have low damage on its own, meaning one stack, but together with other stacks and over a mid-ranged duration of ca. 30 seconds, DoT´s can release their full potential.Which is the case in many other games that I´ve played where, in addition, DoT´s reward with specific effects like penetrating armor and the most important aspect: consistency.Mostly also tied to sustain thus DoT´s is called sustained damage.To be honest, I would wish an increased duration to conditions due Parasitic Contagion granting high sustained healing, which makes up for the loss of shroud that would normally soak damage.

Anyway, we will see, how it turns out to be tomorrow.

@"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:I must have missed where ANet said anything about what sorts of things would happen in tomorrow's patch (other than Wintersday starting). Link?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19600/upcoming-wintersday-balance-update#latest

Specifically they give this bit in there:

"Pushing damaging burst condition toward ramping, sustained damage. This should create more opportunities for counterplay, but also feel satisfying to keep conditions rolling once you’ve ramped them up.

• i.e. We’re tuning some skills that apply damaging conditions so that they apply less stacks up front, but last for longer. In total duration they’re almost the same before and after.
  • e.g. Purging Flames: Burning has been adjusted from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 8 seconds."

So conditions will take a Damage per second hit, damage total probably remains the same.

I would be happy if conditions get nerf'd into the ground but that is never going to happen. For me conditions should never have gotten that powerful that they became the main form of damage.

It should have been all attacks do power damage with certain ones adding conditions on top of the power and then scaling it that way. Ever since they removed the cap on conditions things have gotten crazier and crazier and at times I wish they had never removed that cap.

@MadFable.1978 said:Why do they dislike necros so much? I don't get it.

Because the necromancer is designed to be the nemesis of the gameplay of the other professions. Where other professions build boons, the necromancer destroy them and convert them into conditions, where the other professions need to be reactive on their active defense, the necromancer take (almost) all the hit and capitalize on health points... etc.

The problem is that the boon meta have been rampant for years and the boon hate was moderate to non existent. With HoT, anet started to introduce ore and more boon hate to an underperforming necromancer but it wasn't sufficient to reduce the boon meta yet, it managed to create a niche for the necromancer in PvP. And here, with PoF they created the scourge...

The scourge it's 10 time the balanced boon hate of the necromancer since but without the counter play that you could have against a necromancer. That's why players dislike the necromancer so much. As for Anet, it's not that they dislike the necromancer, in fact it's their ace professions. It's just that they have a picture of what the necromancer should do and that picture is bound to be hated by other professions as well as it's bound to be useless in PvE. Anet studbornly try to force a role onto the necromancer which put him on a dangerous edge where he is permanently seen as op against player and useless against PvE.

Archived