Today I finally start HoT

Disclaimer: I stepped into expansions from time to time to get stuff. With alt characters, skipping all plot and quests, with teleports to friends, I did some play in HoT before to get blooddust eater and glider, in PoF to get Skimmer and beetle, and in Soto to get skyscale and weapon master, all in other language not to be spoiled. But after that I never stepped or played those places. I finally beaten Personal Story and LW1 and 2. Today, I do start HoT. This is the result of years of insecurities, creating and deleting characters constantly until finding *the* character. It hurts.

PD: This character only has 350 hours from the total.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

If you really want to have some fun in HoT, turn off your mini map.

I tried (in Core). Was not able to play.

I currently have my minimap at minimum size and zoomed out and icons deactivated. I pretty much managed to play not looking at it, only using it to get the ocasional node to harvest, and direction of quests and map events, but doesn't spoil map layout (because of max zoom).

Is that enough? I learned that GW2 is not made to be playable without a map entirely, unless you want to stay 3 years per map. I also tried to hide top-right corner windows for quests, but they are also needed XD

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Confused 1

I finished story completion a few months ago on the one character I care about it for, and am now going back over it with my secondary main (sub-main?) for the "Return to" achievement line (with the Prismatic Champion's Regalia dangling like a carrot at the end of it all). Since you popped in briefly to get the mounts, even with the language trick there may be segments of the story that are familiar to you. Also the various NPC dialogue throughout the game may feel disjointed in time, because for them all of that stuff already happened. Other than that, good luck with that whole don't-use-the-map thing.

You're gonna need it. 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a heads up. You said you have been creating and deleting characters and well you should never delete the oldest character on an account because of birthdays of characters and the stuff that you get for the birthdays. So, if it is not to late keep at least one toon you have from when you started playing game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1